How do i not get distracted

Watch
Daniel Slater
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
last year when i did my course i think a reason why i didn't do so well on it was because i got distracted to easily and didn't get alot of the work completed on time if you guys can offer on any advice to stop me from getting distracted that would be great.
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Daniel Slater)
last year when i did my course i think a reason why i didn't do so well on it was because i got distracted to easily and didn't get alot of the work completed on time if you guys can offer on any advice to stop me from getting distracted that would be great.
What exactly is distracting you?

I'd recommend studying at a place with fewer distractions, taking mini breaks so that you won't lose concentration as fast and also planning on what you will do each day.
Daniel Slater
Rep:
?
(Original post by kkboyk)
What exactly is distracting you?

I'd recommend studying at a place with fewer distractions, taking mini breaks so that you won't lose concentration as fast and also planning on what you will do each day.
well i found it in school that while you were on the computers they gave you supervision and its the fact i think that i goof of onto other websites and such things.
kkboyk
Report 4 years ago
well i found it in school that while you were on the computers they gave you supervision and its the fact i think that i goof of onto other websites and such things.
Have you tried using web filters to prevent you going on non educational website (or manage your time on the internet)?
Daniel Slater
Rep:
?
(Original post by kkboyk)
Have you tried using web filters to prevent you going on non educational website (or manage your time on the internet)?
yeah but theres no filters in college that ive found.
The Empire Odyssey
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do you need to be on the computers at college?

I don't understand how you really need to seek help from being that easily distracted. Maybe you have a learning difficulty (nothing wrong with it).

Do you get distracted when you're on the bus, or when travelling; talking to friends or when you're at home?

Or is this just computers only? If so then I'd recommend you either do your work on paper and open up a book. Or buddy up with someone so they can control the monitor so you won't have any impulses to type in unrelated things to your college work.
Daniel Slater
Rep:
?
(Original post by The Empire Odyssey)
Do you need to be on the computers at college?

I don't understand how you really need to seek help from being that easily distracted. Maybe you have a learning difficulty (nothing wrong with it).

Do you get distracted when you're on the bus, or when travelling; talking to friends or when you're at home?

Or is this just computers only? If so then I'd recommend you either do your work on paper and open up a book. Or buddy up with someone so they can control the monitor so you won't have any impulses to type in unrelated things to your college work.
yeah thats a good idea and i do sorta get distracted at other places as well.
The Empire Odyssey
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
yeah thats a good idea and i do sorta get distracted at other places as well.
Maybe worth talking to your GP or the college's welfare officer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (676)
33.65%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.61%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.21%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads