Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you want to be/are you good friends with your bf? Watch

Some girls say they don't want a friend for their bf or if someone is friend then he can't be a bf. What is your view? would you prefer a guy you're not best friends with or would you want your bf to also be your best friend?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Some girls say they don't want a friend for their bf or if someone is friend then he can't be a bf. What is your view? would you prefer a guy you're not best friends with or would you want your bf to also be your best friend?
    Friend love is weird when blended with relationship.

ReputationRep:
    Well a relationship is much more likely to last if you have great conversations.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    My boyfriend was my actual best friend before we became a couple and although we never set out for it to develop into love, it did and its grew from strength to strength over the years. Becoming a couple from being friends can be very hit or miss though but I can work. He's still my best friend to this day as well my lover, my fiancé and my flatmate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    yeah i'd want my partner to be my best friend as well as my boyfriend. if you're not like best friends how do you find things to talk about? don't think a relationship would last very long if you weren't that close
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    The clue is in the friend bit of boyfriend. Would you prefer boynothing or boyenemy?

ReputationRep:
    My husband is one of my best friends and I wouldn't have it any other way

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.