Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So my mum decided not to talk to me anymore today because I refuse to talk to my dad. My father tries to initiate conversations with me sometimes and I literally ignore him due to how he treated me in the past. Beatings, favouritism over other siblings(doesn't bother me much), forcing me to go mosque 24/7 to read quran, allowing other men to beat me because they are Islamic teachers. He was just someone I used to hate and made me not want to live. So today my mum stopped talking to me because of this and I have no one to talk to.

ReputationRep:
    Quite sad

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you talked to any close friends about it?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So my mum decided not to talk to me anymore today because I refuse to talk to my dad. My father tries to initiate conversations with me sometimes and I literally ignore him due to how he treated me in the past. Beatings, favouritism over other siblings(doesn't bother me much), forcing me to go mosque 24/7 to read quran, allowing other men to beat me because they are Islamic teachers. He was just someone I used to hate and made me not want to live. So today my mum stopped talking to me because of this and I have no one to talk to.
    Well I see where you get your immaturity from...

You need to sit it out with your father and simply explain why you won't talk to him. Tell him how you didn't like the way he brought you up. Maybe therapy if your religion allows that? (I know Asian cultures are very, quiet about therapy as such things).

If not just explain to your mother why you won't speak to your dad. Just simply say what you need to say. I tdoesn't need to be a conversation or discussion.

And if she still doesn't listen well that's her problem.

If you don't have anyone like friends for family members you can trust, then how about teachers, the school councilor or your head of year? Failing that, go see your GP and he may refer you to a therapist just so you have someone to talk to instead of bottling up your resentment and your father issues. Samaritans and Mind.org are great if you need someone to talk to as well.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.