Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone . This year I managed to sat 4 N5 which includes English,Bio,CS, and modies. I would say N5 english was straight forward , biology was just needed the maths I might have dropped To B+ and all I am scared of was English so how did you find it? , let me know. Good luck for exam result

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muhammad Baig)
    Hey everyone . This year I managed to sat 4 N5 which includes English,Bio,CS, and modies. I would say N5 english was straight forward , biology was just needed the maths I might have dropped To B+ and all I am scared of was English so how did you find it? , let me know. Good luck for exam result
    Hey Muhammad, I sat similar subjects excluding Biology and found most of the exams okay. I found English alright, not really the best at English but Im hoping that I achieved a grade B. Computing Science was definitely the worst exam that I had in my opinion, I am really good at the subject , I achieved an A in the prelim but I just struggled for whatever reason in the final exam. How did you find it ?

Modern was pretty decent. I found one of the questions I had worded pretty badly but I think I did well on my assignment.

ReputationRep:
    English was the worst for me. I got an A in the prelim but I honestly don't think I even passed, haha. I'm just hoping i'll be pleasantly surprised come results day. Computing Science was unusually hard. I usually find it very easy and straight forward but in this exam I found the questions so hard to understand and it just felt like never ending confusion, haha. Modern Studies was alright for KU but I found the first two source questions tricky however the last one was good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alx2000)
    English was the worst for me. I got an A in the prelim but I honestly don't think I even passed, haha. I'm just hoping i'll be pleasantly surprised come results day. Computing Science was unusually hard. I usually find it very easy and straight forward but in this exam I found the questions so hard to understand and it just felt like never ending confusion, haha. Modern Studies was alright for KU but I found the first two source questions tricky however the last one was good.
    SAMMEE with CS !!

ReputationRep:
    Am worried about modern studies assignment didnt think did well in that, but I thought the modern studies KU was easy , reflected the INT 2 2015 past paper.

ReputationRep:
    CS what was hard about it , I dont understand alright one question about the type of user interfaces was hard but nothing else.

ReputationRep:
    CS what was hard about it , I dont understand alright one question about the type of user interfaces was hard but nothing else.
    What was hard about it ?! Where do I begin. It was full with errors that confused the hell out of me and many others.

I think the question is What was correct about the paper.

ReputationRep:
    I thought CS was quite easy as well and I bombed the prelim 😂😂 Was the only subject where I got a C in the prelim the rest where A's.

I thought I was gonna do terrible for the exam. Was hoping for a B, and I think I've got one, maybe even an A and I only really revised a few days lol, a week at most.

I think I'm getting too carried away though. I hope I don't end up end up bombing it again, cause all the people who are good at CS or just simply revised for it found it hard. 😔

Looking back at the paper, there were a few questions which were worded a bit strangely and some questions which I had no clue wtf I was meant to do, But I don't know if that was down to me not adequately preparing well enough for it or the questions just being difficult.

I dunno if you guys mind, But there was a question in section 1 which was showing a drop down menu. Can't mind, But I was stumped. Surely if there's mistakes all over the paper, and sqa have admitted it then they'll take into account when setting the grade boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    Guys what support guides , books and notes did you use

ReputationRep:
    Guys what support guides , books and notes did you use?

ReputationRep:
    Guys what support guides , books and notes did you use?
    I didn't have any study guides, I basically just done the past papers on the sqa website and read through my school revision booklets

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.