Muhammad Baig
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey everyone . This year I managed to sat 4 N5 which includes English,Bio,CS, and modies. I would say N5 english was straight forward , biology was just needed the maths I might have dropped To B+ and all I am scared of was English so how did you find it? , let me know. Good luck for exam result
Ethan100
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Muhammad Baig)
Hey everyone . This year I managed to sat 4 N5 which includes English,Bio,CS, and modies. I would say N5 english was straight forward , biology was just needed the maths I might have dropped To B+ and all I am scared of was English so how did you find it? , let me know. Good luck for exam result
Hey Muhammad, I sat similar subjects excluding Biology and found most of the exams okay. I found English alright, not really the best at English but Im hoping that I achieved a grade B. Computing Science was definitely the worst exam that I had in my opinion, I am really good at the subject , I achieved an A in the prelim but I just struggled for whatever reason in the final exam. How did you find it ?

Modern was pretty decent. I found one of the questions I had worded pretty badly but I think I did well on my assignment.
alx2000
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
English was the worst for me. I got an A in the prelim but I honestly don't think I even passed, haha. I'm just hoping i'll be pleasantly surprised come results day. Computing Science was unusually hard. I usually find it very easy and straight forward but in this exam I found the questions so hard to understand and it just felt like never ending confusion, haha. Modern Studies was alright for KU but I found the first two source questions tricky however the last one was good.
Ethan100
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by alx2000)
English was the worst for me. I got an A in the prelim but I honestly don't think I even passed, haha. I'm just hoping i'll be pleasantly surprised come results day. Computing Science was unusually hard. I usually find it very easy and straight forward but in this exam I found the questions so hard to understand and it just felt like never ending confusion, haha. Modern Studies was alright for KU but I found the first two source questions tricky however the last one was good.
SAMMEE with CS !!
Muhammad Baig
Rep:
Am worried about modern studies assignment didnt think did well in that, but I thought the modern studies KU was easy , reflected the INT 2 2015 past paper.
Muhammad Baig
Rep:
CS what was hard about it , I dont understand alright one question about the type of user interfaces was hard but nothing else.
Ethan100
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
CS what was hard about it , I dont understand alright one question about the type of user interfaces was hard but nothing else.
What was hard about it ?! Where do I begin. It was full with errors that confused the hell out of me and many others.

I think the question is What was correct about the paper.
A+Hunter
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I thought CS was quite easy as well and I bombed the prelim 😂😂 Was the only subject where I got a C in the prelim the rest where A's.

I thought I was gonna do terrible for the exam. Was hoping for a B, and I think I've got one, maybe even an A and I only really revised a few days lol, a week at most.

I think I'm getting too carried away though. I hope I don't end up end up bombing it again, cause all the people who are good at CS or just simply revised for it found it hard. 😔

Looking back at the paper, there were a few questions which were worded a bit strangely and some questions which I had no clue wtf I was meant to do, But I don't know if that was down to me not adequately preparing well enough for it or the questions just being difficult.

I dunno if you guys mind, But there was a question in section 1 which was showing a drop down menu. Can't mind, But I was stumped. Surely if there's mistakes all over the paper, and sqa have admitted it then they'll take into account when setting the grade boundaries.
Muhammad Baig
Rep:
Guys what support guides , books and notes did you use
Muhammad Baig
Rep:
Guys what support guides , books and notes did you use?
alx2000
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Guys what support guides , books and notes did you use?
I didn't have any study guides, I basically just done the past papers on the sqa website and read through my school revision booklets
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
21.18%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
12.94%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.88%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (15)
17.65%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
22.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed