Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi, I do not really have mental issues but I need help, please. I have been stuck in a town a month without sleeping properly or having a place to stay. My plan was to go to another town for work. The home situation is really bad, essentially my "parents" are inappropriate and careless. Things have piled up over years. I have been isolated and deprived of a normal home. I feel like I have no home. Relatives won't take me mostly, or are unhappy to. I worked, did everything, and my actual life has hardly moved, it is hardly even surviving. Relationships suffer especially. I can't stay like this because I need to sleep and I really do want to do something. But I'm faced with the choice to either go back to home country where I feel bad, or go where I'm headed but be cut-off even more and it's harder to make long-term friends. But it's what I planned for. Please help me.

ReputationRep:
    If you're 24 or under I would suggest you go to the nearest YMCA office. They usually have some night stop rooms. Basically somewhere you can sleep for a night. And they can advise you on what you can do and also help you out.

If you're over 24, try a citizens advice office. They're less helpful but may be able to do something

(Original post by Devify)
    If you're 24 or under I would suggest you go to the nearest YMCA office. They usually have some night stop rooms. Basically somewhere you can sleep for a night. And they can advise you on what you can do and also help you out.

If you're over 24, try a citizens advice office. They're less helpful but may be able to do something
    Can you please help me out with something? Can I PM you?
    Does YMCA offer free accommodation, how long for and what are the requirements?

(Original post by Devify)

I rang but unfortunately it is only for homeless people and you need to fill in an application. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I rang but unfortunately it is only for homeless people and you need to fill in an application. :/
    You should just go in and say you don't have anywhere to sleep and get it sorted. You do have to sit down with someone and explain your situation and answer some questions. If you explain your situation with your parents and how you haven't been sleeping they may be able to offer you accommodation. They do short term rooms only for the night or two. But if you can receive income support or job seekers allowance if you live alone, they can provide you with a bedsit room with the rent paid from housing benefits for as long as you need it. As well as help find accommodation in council housing or privately rented if you manage to get a job.

I went in because I wasn't getting along with my guardians. They wouldn't buy food for me (would just get takeout or single meals for themselves) and would barely give me £10 a week to buy some myself and for anything else I needed even tho they got money for taking care of me. I told them my situation and they helped sort everything out and put me in a bedsit.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.