Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A lecture on the "Hysterical Epileptic" Holy Prophet Watch

ReputationRep:
    I begin in the name of Allah, the Beneficent and the Merciful.

I found a lecture attempting to clear a misconception of the Holy Prophet which unfortunately is believed among many Muslims, and truly this is a great shame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YyUvYTSAHY

The main lecture begins at 3 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mil88)
    I begin in the name of Allah, the Beneficent and the Merciful.

I found a lecture attempting to clear a misconception of the Holy Prophet which unfortunately is believed among many Muslims, and truly this is a great shame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YyUvYTSAHY

The main lecture begins at 3 minutes.
    I tried to watch it but just too long.
    I fast-forwarded through some of it but it seems he hasn't got much proof and just most of it is personal input.
    Also for someone titled as Dr he seems to not verify his sources or check gradings.
    Unless the aim was to simple throw dirt at ''other'' madhab in which case it is even worse and he becomes an unreliable source of deen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    I tried to watch it but just too long.
    I fast-forwarded through some of it but it seems he hasn't got much proof and just most of it is personal input.
    Also for someone titled as Dr he seems to not verify his sources or check gradings.
    Unless the aim was to simple throw dirt at ''other'' madhab in which case it is even worse and he becomes an unreliable source of deen.
    Salaam

Firstly, do you mean proof that other Muslims believe this, or proof of his own beliefs?

The video is part of a series and thus is better seen in junction with some other lectures (two of which I have posted on this site). Of course, that wouldn't take 5 minutes.

He is simply putting forth arguments against the idea spread about the Prophet announcing his Prophethood, and how some of the unfortunate beliefs surrounding this. Attempting to show how the *false* stories attributed to him don't fit with the core teachings of Islam.

The aim certainly was not to "throw dirt at other madhab", but rather to bring forth other beliefs regarding the Prophet and the corresponding issues attached. There's a difference between humiliating and downgrading other people's beliefs, and to identify flaws in their beliefs.

For instance, the unfortunate idea of the Prophet making errors and mistakes, when evidently this is contrary to the Quran.

Regarding the "dr" part, one shouldn't judge a speaker simply on verifying sources, despite the likely possibility of him researching prior to the lecture.

Nonetheless, thank you for watching some of the lecture.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.