The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Funding for a second degree

Hey I'm a student currently studying biomedical science but I really wanna do medicine now. Does anyone know of any funding opportunities if I were to start it after i graduate from biomed? Or does anyone who has done this before have any tips? thanks
Original post by nimcc
Hey I'm a student currently studying biomedical science but I really wanna do medicine now. Does anyone know of any funding opportunities if I were to start it after i graduate from biomed? Or does anyone who has done this before have any tips? thanks

Same situation as you. Short answer, no there is barely anything. You can qualify for a maintenance loan but not the tuition fee loan also QUB doesn't give any grants to those doing medicine or dentistry (I am a graduate doing dentistry this sept so I was asking around). So you will have to self fund your tuition fees either by working or getting your parents/friends/family to help. I also checked scholarships provided by external people related to QUB and I think there is one for medicine but as it wasn't related to my course I didn't really look into it deeply. On a side-note if you have no funding at all from anywhere and you are desperate to do medicine join the armed forces/RAF/ Navy as they will fund your course (provided you are accepted or studying on the course already) the catch you have to do mandatory service I think for 3-5 years?
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending