Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm a student currently studying biomedical science but I really wanna do medicine now. Does anyone know of any funding opportunities if I were to start it after i graduate from biomed? Or does anyone who has done this before have any tips? thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nimcc)
    Hey I'm a student currently studying biomedical science but I really wanna do medicine now. Does anyone know of any funding opportunities if I were to start it after i graduate from biomed? Or does anyone who has done this before have any tips? thanks
    Same situation as you. Short answer, no there is barely anything. You can qualify for a maintenance loan but not the tuition fee loan also QUB doesn't give any grants to those doing medicine or dentistry (I am a graduate doing dentistry this sept so I was asking around). So you will have to self fund your tuition fees either by working or getting your parents/friends/family to help. I also checked scholarships provided by external people related to QUB and I think there is one for medicine but as it wasn't related to my course I didn't really look into it deeply. On a side-note if you have no funding at all from anywhere and you are desperate to do medicine join the armed forces/RAF/ Navy as they will fund your course (provided you are accepted or studying on the course already) the catch you have to do mandatory service I think for 3-5 years?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.