Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone else?

Everyone around me is getting with people and I can't. I'm closeted because if I were to say at school then there is a possibility of it getting to my family. It's quite sad and lonely tbh.

Is anyone else in a similar position? How do I stop feeling so pathetic?

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry. If you're still in school you are probably to young to have a serious relationship (no offence).
    But there's no reason you can't talk to some guys/girls online using social media is there?
    Also (in the least nosy way possible) is there a reason you don't want your parents to know?

ReputationRep:
    Well you can't be the only one because so many people "turn" gay/lesbian/bi and are dating people after highschool.
    Or u could just date who u like and pretend to be friends. I'm sure that would suck but it's one way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Your problem right now is the closeted issue which when solved will open you up to new experiences in terms of relationships. First thing, if you have not already, is you need to accept that you are gay and it is who you are just like your eye colour and you should never be ashamed of it. Secondly accept the fact that people may react badly to it including family and people you consider close to. But! You must understand that it is their issues and views and not a reflection of you and you should not be made live a life of secrecy to please people who cannot accept you for who you are. There is no urgency to come out because you only will do so when you in yourself feel ready and there is no need to make everyone aware of the fact you are gay because it is none of their business and is only a small part of your life (though seems massive now). If you feel that you can handle backfire when people find out you can just continue to live you life without feeling the need to tell people and only when they ask do you tell them. You will find this approach easier and if you are worried that your parents will find out you can let them now to get it over with so you won't have this worry. A relationship which is hidden leads to stress and hurt on both sides, having to orchestrate every aspect of the relationship so nobody finds out. Remaining single is probably best until you deal with the closeted issue in your own time but one or two kisses wouldn't be an awful place to start haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anyone else?

Everyone around me is getting with people and I can't. I'm closeted because if I were to say at school then there is a possibility of it getting to my family. It's quite sad and lonely tbh.

Is anyone else in a similar position? How do I stop feeling so pathetic?
    I'm not in the trouble of " getting to my family " but bf is... just hide and get out when you do, keep it quiet until you know its safe, but you can date...

I'm in exactly the same position! Not out at school (comfortable with my sexuality now (****ing finally) but everyone would make a big deal out of it and i can't be arsed so) and only my best friend and sister know. Finding other people when you're in the closet is pretty hard, I get you. Either talk to people online that you know or know of who you like (be safe), come out or just wait until university or after sixth form. Don't worry though, I completely understand your situation.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm in exactly the same position! Not out at school (comfortable with my sexuality now (****ing finally) but everyone would make a big deal out of it and i can't be arsed so) and only my best friend and sister know. Finding other people when you're in the closet is pretty hard, I get you. Either talk to people online that you know or know of who you like (be safe), come out or just wait until university or after sixth form. Don't worry though, I completely understand your situation.
    Thanks, it's nice to know others in the same situation. I've decided to wait till uni but I still feel left out in a way. Oh well it's only another year.

(Original post by BobSausage)
    Don't worry. If you're still in school you are probably to young to have a serious relationship (no offence).
    But there's no reason you can't talk to some guys/girls online using social media is there?
    Also (in the least nosy way possible) is there a reason you don't want your parents to know?
    There's not really time for a serious relationship with yr 13 coming up :'). And I don't want my parents to know yet because I don't know how they'll react so I want to wait until I feel ready.

Same. just waiting till uni then do whatever the f i like.
    dw you will get your chance eventually :hugs: x

(Original post by Kekio_)
    Your problem right now is the closeted issue which when solved will open you up to new experiences in terms of relationships. First thing, if you have not already, is you need to accept that you are gay and it is who you are just like your eye colour and you should never be ashamed of it. Secondly accept the fact that people may react badly to it including family and people you consider close to. But! You must understand that it is their issues and views and not a reflection of you and you should not be made live a life of secrecy to please people who cannot accept you for who you are. There is no urgency to come out because you only will do so when you in yourself feel ready and there is no need to make everyone aware of the fact you are gay because it is none of their business and is only a small part of your life (though seems massive now). If you feel that you can handle backfire when people find out you can just continue to live you life without feeling the need to tell people and only when they ask do you tell them. You will find this approach easier and if you are worried that your parents will find out you can let them now to get it over with so you won't have this worry. A relationship which is hidden leads to stress and hurt on both sides, having to orchestrate every aspect of the relationship so nobody finds out. Remaining single is probably best until you deal with the closeted issue in your own time but one or two kisses wouldn't be an awful place to start haha
    dw I don't have a problem with being gay anymore, I'm out to some friends but it's pretty hard to meet people when I can't let them know I'm gay so it's just really frustrating.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.