The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Help** Student finance info

Hi,
My name is Alex and in September 2016 i start an access course to university to start UoL in September 2017. I am 24 so will be a mature student. I live with my boyfriend but I am unsure how I will apply for student finance and whether I would have to put my boyfriends household income down as we aren't married?
Or would it go off my income over the past few years?
Any information would be greatly appreciated!!
Reply 1
"Your partner’s income is assessed if you’re over 25 and you either:

live with them

don’t live with them but consider yourself married, eg your partner usually lives and works abroad"

Since you're not over 25 you will most likely not need you partners income. But if you are not estranged and haven't been supporting yourself for 3 years, your parents income will be used, even if they don't support you now.

There's an in between when you're 25 so I'm not sure which one they will take since you'll be 25 next year
(edited 7 years ago)
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by Lex2810
Hi,
My name is Alex and in September 2016 i start an access course to university to start UoL in September 2017. I am 24 so will be a mature student. I live with my boyfriend but I am unsure how I will apply for student finance and whether I would have to put my boyfriends household income down as we aren't married?
Or would it go off my income over the past few years?
Any information would be greatly appreciated!!

Hi!

Information about applying for Student Finance can be found on our website: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/finance/applying/

If you have any more questions about applying, the best people to contact would be Student Finance England who should be able to advise and guide you through the process. :smile:

Best wishes

Sophie
Reply 3
I have been living with my partner and self sufficient for two and a half years but they still used my parents income as I am only 24 and had not been independent for 3 years. Unfortunately for me my stepfather earns a lot of money but refuses to help me out as he has 5 of his own children from a previous marriage to support so I only get the minimum amount until next year!
Good luck :smile: hope it works out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending