Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am a would be mature student with a BSc already from a brick university but considering starting to work towards a degree in Physics. At the moment only distance learning is available to me. I've looked at the open university options but not sure whether to start working towards to a Life Sciences degree or whether to use this time to prep myself for application to a brick university. I honestly don't know if a physics degree is feasible or sensible. Originally I was looking at courses to help me re enter the job market (currently a stay at home mum). At present I don't have the entry requirements for a Physics degree at a brick uni. Would doing OU modules now in Maths and or Physics be any help? Should I do a distance Maths A level instead?And has anyone started a degree with OU then transferred to a brick uni? is that an option? the lack of pratical lab work concerns me. current qualifications (from a long time ago) include a BSc in Engineering Product Design 92:1) and A levels in Physics, Biology and Art (CCC). I haven't studied in ten years

ReputationRep:
    Have you considered the Open Plus route in Physics? I'm about to start this October, and I'll be transferring to Sheffield full time in a couple years. Check it out as it might be the answers to you prayers

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.