Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

New tongue piecing stopping me from eating and drinking! Please help!! watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey so basically I got my tongue pierced 3 days ago and the women who did my piercing put in a ridiculously long bar ( I know they are meant to be initially longer for swelling but this is about 3inches!) anyway because of this I physically can't eat anything and it is very difficult to drink which is making me feel very sick and faint. What should I do? Should I just take it out and go somewhere else to get it done another time? And I'm meant to be going in tomorrow to get the shorter bar put In even though I've read your supposed to wait at least a week? Please someone help me!

ReputationRep:
    For majority when you get a piercing it swells up and longer bars are needed. But for some people it doesn't swell or does only a tiny bit. Just get a shorter bar. You generally shouldn't take it out or replace it for a while but if you make sure you disinfect the new piercing and clean the wound before replacing the old one, it's generally fine.

When I got my lip pierced it was the same. My lip didn't swell but I had a long bar in and I couldn't eat because it kept getting caught on my teeth. I had to keep the other end of the fork or spoon between my lip and teeth to prevent it

I just got a surgical steel one that was shorter, made sure everything was clean so it wouldn't get infected and replaced it. It was totally fine and healed with no problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devify)
    For majority when you get a piercing it swells up and longer bars are needed. But for some people it doesn't swell or does only a tiny bit. Just get a shorter bar. You generally shouldn't take it out or replace it for a while but if you make sure you disinfect the new piercing and clean the wound before replacing the old one, it's generally fine.

When I got my lip pierced it was the same. My lip didn't swell but I had a long bar in and I couldn't eat because it kept getting caught on my teeth. I had to keep the other end of the fork or spoon between my lip and teeth to prevent it

I just got a surgical steel one that was shorter, made sure everything was clean so it wouldn't get infected and replaced it. It was totally fine and healed with no problems.
    Thank you, this really helped I appreciate it

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.