Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,
    Im having problem at being stuck at my life. I finished college this year June. Applied for uni for computer science wasnt sure to go or not so i just applied in case. Now its like a month till september and im just stuck. I was on open day/applicant day and they said all what we will do at first year and second we will learn about networking databases and some few other things which are hell to me i just hate networking and databases [ i would enjoy making sites but i just hate what we did on networking in college all researching whats this whats that and never ever really making it just research and type ] data bases in access are just hell for me i dont enjoy it. I dont feel like going for computer science either i dont know what i did with my life i mean i enjoy computers i made few games on google play but they didnt succeed or anything and later idk why i stopped with programming in java script i enjoy IT and all but dont feel like working 9-4 in office. Im more of active person [well deep inside me but for now all i do is sit at home because i dont have friends...] i did free running when i was younger i stopped later on when i moved here. I was at home most of the time later on and playing games but when there was occasion i went to play tennis or football or go outside which was rare later on i signed up for boxing classes and i wanna be a boxer tbh but ik its hard to get through this barrier and fight as a pro fighter, i had bike accident which made me not go boxing for few months now soon im plannign to go again and apply for amateur card. I feel like i should be zoo keeper i would enjoy it helping animals taking care, i really wanan travel around the world visiting cool places as most as i can

Thanks for help and thanks if you read it at all, for your time

ReputationRep:
    Don't focus on the career side of things, it'll just make you more stressed about this whole situation, do what you think will make yourself happy in the long run. That's why we are all here is to try and be happy as much as we can dude! All the best xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Your grammar is utter **** mate. I wouldn't bank on getting into university, depending which one it is.

ReputationRep:
    I imagine databases in degree level Computer Science will mean using SQL rather than Access. You can also do modules such as 'Scripting Languages' which cover PHP and Javascript, with others, in addition to core modules covering languages like C, C++ and Java etc... I'd give it a try.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlphaCenturion)
    Your grammar is utter **** mate. I wouldn't bank on getting into university, depending which one it is.
    Yeah probably but its not like i care much, i passed GCSE english so like if i need then i try to use proper grammar etc... but when i dont need to like idk you understand what i said in my post above so whats the problem and hate about but i get you we can't be happy and helpful to others with such weather in england cuz we need to help our self first xD

And also at once it would probably be fun and all going uni meet new people new environment and stuff but im not sure if i really want to have IT related job in the future. I just want to travel around the world and visiting cool places but i need money for it. I also have bunch of ideas to invent but i would need some type of laboratory for it which well its kind of impossible so i guess idk im just stuck and dont know what to do whether to get some job but i dont even know what job or whether to go uni for 3 years plus this weather is stressing me out depressing me and making me stuck even more i need sun tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i3arty)
    Yeah probably but its not like i care much, i passed GCSE english so like if i need then i try to use proper grammar etc... but when i dont need to like idk you understand what i said in my post above so whats the problem and hate about but i get you we can't be happy and helpful to others with such weather in england cuz we need to help our self first xD

And also at once it would probably be fun and all going uni meet new people new environment and stuff but im not sure if i really want to have IT related job in the future. I just want to travel around the world and visiting cool places but i need money for it. I also have bunch of ideas to invent but i would need some type of laboratory for it which well its kind of impossible so i guess idk im just stuck and dont know what to do whether to get some job but i dont even know what job or whether to go uni for 3 years plus this weather is stressing me out depressing me and making me stuck even more i need sun tho
    Well if you want to travel around the world, but don't have the money for it, how do you think going to university, spending tens of thousands of pounds for a degree you might not even get and not worth the paper it's written on will help you do that? If you don't believe me, look on the news, google it, look at how many people have graduated from university with a degree, but are working in non graduate jobs. Why? Because there is a job market shortage and going to university these days is 99.9% of the time pointless, because they have MASSIVE DEBT they can't pay back and are working jobs they could of got just after they left school, with basic qualifications. Don't buy into the "go to university" scam, you will be wasting you're time, money and energy on it.
    Good luck with what you choose, but for you're on sake listen to what I said.

ReputationRep:
    Look, if you want both travel and follow your dreams and do not have money, get a job no matter what it is, if you want to realize your dreams of traveling do not mind working with something you do not like, at the beginning all very difficult as you like want to help people you do not need to be somewhere else help someone close to you.

Make friends, new friends, play online several games that amused you indefinitely that will give you opportunities to make new friends around the world.
    I have helped

ReputationRep:
    You wont get far at uni with that attitude, sorry to say.

Uni requires full commitment for the 3 years you are there and for the modules you will be studying, if you dont like how it even sounds for the course you have looked at then how do you think you will survive 3 years of doing exams related to something your not fully committed to in the first place?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes i decided i won't go uni at least won't go uni this year as I'm not sure 100% whether i would want to study IT and work in IT. I will take a year break from schools and go look for something else in life for example boxing.
    Thanks for help everyone

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.