Turn on thread page Beta

Am I being key logged??? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Guys, recently whenever i type in the password box too fast the number of * (asterisk) starts to go out of hand. Ie when I type for example "afkd" really fast in a password box,it would display ************* which is of course more than the number of characters that i wrote down. This is really bugging me and at the same time worrying me that maybe there is a keylogger program that exhibits these symptoms. I have run antivirus and antispyware to no avail. What is causing this problem???

ReputationRep:
    There is no problem. Are you using firefox? Because it has the feature of remembering your passwords automatically without you opting to. But it takes a while for the password to load, so when you start typing it in, the password loads and you see all them '*****' etc. You can remove this by tools > clear private data...

ReputationRep:
    yeah, but i always dont let firefox to remmber my password
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Logan)
    yeah, but i always dont let firefox to remmber my password
    Can't hurt to clear your private data anyway and see what happens.

I seriously doubt a keylogger would do that - after all, a keylogger would under no circumstances enter any text anywhere itself, firstly because it doesn't need to, and secondly because it'd give it away. I don't see any reason for a keylogger to do this.

Try downloading something like this to find out what's actually being typed in the box. (All this program will do is show you what's behind the asterisks.) I know of a better program but can't think of its name right now...

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.