Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Advanced Higher German 2016/17 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. I was wondering if there is anyone else out there doing advanced German this year. I am the only person in my school doing it, and I wanted to make some connections with others doing it. How are you learning the course, what resources are you using? I get taught once a week and mostly rely on scholar.

ReputationRep:
    There are three students doing it in our school and we are mostly scholar as well honestly. We get taught three times a week though. The only other real resource that we're using is a text book called Brennpunkt cause it seems to cover all the topics but our teacher says that the listenings in the book are a bit above advanced level.

ReputationRep:
    Yes! I am.
    I think my class is the biggest AH German class in Scotland, with 5 students being native speakers. Total number of students is 13. That's a pretty big class.

I'm finding it fun and difficult. I like the topics we cover and stuff, but I'm just not very good at the grammatical aspect of things, so I find the writing especially difficult. Second most difficult thing for me was the speaking and the amount of vocab. Fortunately, learning vocab is the easiest to fix I think, just make flash cards and memorise everything!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.