Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just graduated NTU with a BSc Psychology degree. Ask me anything about the course, university etc.

ReputationRep:
    Heyyyyy!

So i'm heading to Notts to do my masters in digital marketing in September. But, I'm still an undergrad at heart and wondering the best places around, beast places to meet new ppl.

Oh yes, I will be moving into the Simpsons accommodation (hoping its sociable)

Any tips you can throw at me please give!! lol

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Are you unemployed?*

ReputationRep:
    Hi what is the department like?
    I'm coming to do an MSc in Forensic Mental Health in September

ReputationRep:
    what were your entry requirements? also how is the ethnic diversity there?

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm looking to study Psychology too but I haven't been able to go to any open days. I'm interested in the more neuropsychological/cognitive side of psychology - what would you say was the main focus on your course? I know for most Uni's they focus more on social psychology. Were the lecturers good? Did you have quite a lot of people in your lectures? Sorry for all the questions!

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

What was the workload like in the first and second year? Did you have any time of the day left including a job? Also, was the transition between years and topics easy to adjust to? How much of it was exam/coursework and in your opinion what was easier?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannah_Vi)
    Hi! I'm looking to study Psychology too but I haven't been able to go to any open days. I'm interested in the more neuropsychological/cognitive side of psychology - what would you say was the main focus on your course? I know for most Uni's they focus more on social psychology. Were the lecturers good? Did you have quite a lot of people in your lectures? Sorry for all the questions!
    Hey, im not a graduate or anything. I'm applying too but I have been to 2 open days. From what I have asked and seen there is a very large focus on cognitive and biological psychology, and since they offer loads of optional modules, you can tailor your experience accordingly. But yeah, there is a large emphasis on biological and cognitive x

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I applied for this year's Psych course. But I am still choosing between different unies. Can you say how you liked it in Nottingham? How were the people, the vibe there? How did you like the lecturers, the course itself? I am really interested in neuropsychology, is there good studying on this part?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, could you please tell me more about psychology staff at NTU? I really need honest opinion, were the professors good at explaining things? Also, do you know a lecturer called Sebastian? What parts of psychology did he teach and how often have you had lectures with him? He seemed really nice at the open day, but he talked so fast and if you add his accent to it I am worried I wouldn't catch up with the topic if I have lost focus even for a moment. Overall, to me NTU makes an impression of really fun (with a great time outside of lectures) but also very educative uni, would you agree? Reply would be extremely appreciated

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.