Resit Exams

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Hi, How's everyone doing?Hope all of you enjoying their holiday ^^Me on the other hand, have two resits on September, and I have some questions regarding that:If I fail on one or both of my resits (May Allah forbid) do I get terminated immediately or I get another chance? (I read the university's regulations, but didn't quite get it)Secondly, How hard are the resits? I have CO1005 (Data Structure and Development Environment) and EG1201 (Electrical and Electronic Engineering) as a resit, did anybody here had experienced that?P.S. I'm an international student, so please excuse my English if I got something wrong ^^Cheers,OrekiXV

ReputationRep:
    I doubt you'll get a second chance. You may have to repeat but if your uni regulations aren't clear contact the course director and ask. Expect the assessments to be similar to the original ones.

ReputationRep:
    Such a great read!very interesting

(Original post by OrekiXV)
    Hi, How's everyone doing?Hope all of you enjoying their holiday ^^Me on the other hand, have two resits on September, and I have some questions regarding that:If I fail on one or both of my resits (May Allah forbid) do I get terminated immediately or I get another chance? (I read the university's regulations, but didn't quite get it)Secondly, How hard are the resits? I have CO1005 (Data Structure and Development Environment) and EG1201 (Electrical and Electronic Engineering) as a resit, did anybody here had experienced that?P.S. I'm an international student, so please excuse my English if I got something wrong ^^Cheers,OrekiXV
    There are a number of options and ut just depends on how the examiners view your case. Part of it will depend on how close to a pass you got and part will depend on any migitigating circumstances.

The ouitcomes run the whole range of letting you proceed and resit, down to resit over the year, retake the whole year and termination. Mya dvice is to focus on your exams and do the best you can to pass. Termination is unlikely, but resitting the following year is more probable. Whatever their decision you will be able to put in an appeal if you disagree and have some sirt of special circumstances to explain your poor performance.

The outcomes are here:
    http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/sas2/assessments/results

The exams should be at the same level as your previous ones.

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay, thanks AlleyCat ^^

ReputationRep:
    Glad that it made you happy MastersGirl ^^

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your effort 999tigger, and I'll try to do my best ^^

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 2, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.