Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I need help controlling my moods as I often have moodswings where I become really upset really quickly and a lot of the time hair want to cry or something, sometimes it's for no reason and sometimes it's because someone says something that makes me mad or upset and I don't know how to stop it, it's causing a lot of problems as it makes my boyfriend a bit frustrated and also myself because I try so hard to not let things bother me but I struggle to. Does anyone have any tips on how I can help this before I mess up absolutely everything because of it? I've run out of ways to try and calm myself down and Im worried that if it carries on this bad, my boyfriend will get really really annoyed and I really just need someone to make it feel better, which is what he does. Any tips are really appreciated, thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by alyssamarie00)
    I need help controlling my moods as I often have moodswings where I become really upset really quickly and a lot of the time hair want to cry or something, sometimes it's for no reason and sometimes it's because someone says something that makes me mad or upset and I don't know how to stop it, it's causing a lot of problems as it makes my boyfriend a bit frustrated and also myself because I try so hard to not let things bother me but I struggle to. Does anyone have any tips on how I can help this before I mess up absolutely everything because of it? I've run out of ways to try and calm myself down and Im worried that if it carries on this bad, my boyfriend will get really really annoyed and I really just need someone to make it feel better, which is what he does. Any tips are really appreciated, thanks
    If this has been going on for a while, have you considered seeing your GP about it? Is there anything stressful or upsetting in your life that might be causing it indirectly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    If this has been going on for a while, have you considered seeing your GP about it? Is there anything stressful or upsetting in your life that might be causing it indirectly?
    No I haven't because I'm scared to go, and not really, I guess I'm using sensitive so things upset me easily and I can't help but show it, I used to be really good at hiding my feelings but not anymore

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    No I haven't because I'm scared to go, and not really, I guess I'm using sensitive so things upset me easily and I can't help but show it, I used to be really good at hiding my feelings but not anymore
    I'd recommend talking to your gp if possible, as it can't be easy for you as it stands. I know it's scary to, but in the longer run, it will be worth it if it means you find moodswings easier to manage!

Have you talked to your boyfriend about it too, and how you don't know why you're feeling like that at the moment?

ReputationRep:
    I'd recommend talking to your gp if possible, as it can't be easy for you as it stands. I know it's scary to, but in the longer run, it will be worth it if it means you find moodswings easier to manage!

Have you talked to your boyfriend about it too, and how you don't know why you're feeling like that at the moment?
    I guess so, but I don't even know where to go and would it be confidential? I really don't want my parents getting all involved.

And kind of

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Another problem id have with going to the GP is that because I'm on the pill, they may assume it's to do with that but if they decide to change my medication it could affect me in other ways and i don't believe it's linked to my medication

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Another problem id have with going to the GP is that because I'm on the pill, they may assume it's to do with that but if they decide to change my medication it could affect me in other ways and i don't believe it's linked to my medication

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have you made any progress with this, at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have you made any progress with this, at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes I was doing really well at first but for the past few days I've been kinda bad but it could be linked to my period as I am on, hopefully I'll go back to improving again- I'm really trying

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Yes I was doing really well at first but for the past few days I've been kinda bad but it could be linked to my period as I am on, hopefully I'll go back to improving again- I'm really trying

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That sounds like a lot of progress, at least! Really glad to hear you've been doing better

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That sounds like a lot of progress, at least! Really glad to hear you've been doing better

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.