Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Now I've been smoking for a year and i was caught by my uncle. He hasn't told my parents but had made sly comments and so i decided it was best to tell them myself.
    The only problem, my mates who smoke now my parents well and i don't know how to tell them i told my parents because they'd think I've dumped them right in it.
    Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cr7896)
    Now I've been smoking for a year and i was caught by my uncle. He hasn't told my parents but had made sly comments and so i decided it was best to tell them myself.
    The only problem, my mates who smoke now my parents well and i don't know how to tell them i told my parents because they'd think I've dumped them right in it.
    Any advice?
    All you can be is honest, but i seriously would think about making the effort to quit. Smoking is a terrible habit that you will regret when you age.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You silly billy. Just give up and there's nothing to tell. There's your solution. Nothing good comes out of smoking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jblackmoustache)
    All you can be is honest, but i seriously would think about making the effort to quit. Smoking is a terrible habit that you will regret when you age.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    well i have. They're obviously disappointed but my friends think I've made a bad mistake because they THINK I've dropped them in it. How do i reassure them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mattinfenwa)
    You silly billy. Just give up and there's nothing to tell. There's your solution. Nothing good comes out of smoking.
    well i have stopped but i had to tell them because they were gonna find out by my uncle. so it was better them hearing it from my mouth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cr7896)
    well i have. They're obviously disappointed but my friends think I've made a bad mistake because they THINK I've dropped them in it. How do i reassure them
    You telling your parents has nothing to do with them. They need to grow up and take responsibility for their actions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jblackmoustache)
    You telling your parents has nothing yo do with them. They need to grow up and take responsibility for their actions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    true, but i do understand where they are coming from. The will look like they're the cause of me smoking, which is what they don't want as they're family friends

ReputationRep:
    Just break it to them in a polite manner. Say you did it for a little while with friends to stay social with them and then say that you realised it was a stupid decision and for that reason you quit.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.