Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best kind of school bag to buy for Sixth Form? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've only used backpacks for school so far because I used to carry a lot of heavy books to school and thought they were the most comfortable on my shoulders.
    I am moving school to a Sixth Form college with a formal dress code, so I am thinking of getting a handbag instead. Also, I may have less to carry since I will only be taking four subjects. Is this actually true or do you still have a lot to carry at Sixth Form?
    What kind of school bag do you have and do you find it suitable for Sixth Form?
    I am looking for one that is both fashionable and practical

ReputationRep:
    One that comes with a free throat slitter with it. Seriously, that will come in handy this time next year.

ReputationRep:
    Lol I still had to carry the same amount in sixthform, but I over fill my bag anyway. If you're looking for something practicle but somewhat stylish I have a link to this bag but I think it's kinda pricey but still worth the investment.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/auml-Totepa...fjallraven+bag

It's a two in one so it can be a tote bag when you have a light load but if you have a lot of books it can turn into a backpack. Maybe look around if you like it and see if you could get it for cheaper on eBay or depop or something

ReputationRep:
    I find I still have a lot to carry but, if you get a big handbag it should be okay, I've used primary bags as they're cheap, so if break not too much to worry about, but if you want a strong one to last you all year, I suggest River Island big bags work well, used them in high school,
    Hope this helps x

ReputationRep:
    A big tote bag is practical and looks good

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Backpack! I got an £8 one from ASDA and it was the best purchase I'd ever made. RIP backpack.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pixiefuller)
    I've only used backpacks for school so far because I used to carry a lot of heavy books to school and thought they were the most comfortable on my shoulders.
    I am moving school to a Sixth Form college with a formal dress code, so I am thinking of getting a handbag instead. Also, I may have less to carry since I will only be taking four subjects. Is this actually true or do you still have a lot to carry at Sixth Form?
    Lool no you will have a lot of books. In sixth form I had a black nike sports bag, it surprisingly went well with our suit dress code.

ReputationRep:
    i reckon an Adidas man bag

ReputationRep:
    My bag was actually heavier in 6th form because in my school we had to buy textbooks for all our subjects and so some days I was carrying like 4 textbooks plus folder/notebook which was SO heavy. If I could go back I'd tell myself to just carry a rucksack, maybe a nice material one that's more fashionable than the plain black ones. I carried a large handbag and that killed my shoulder

ReputationRep:
    I'd suggest a smart-looking satchel, or anything with a think sturdy strap that you can wear on a shoulder or cross-body. (Maybe something like this? Just thought it looks nice but don't own it so I can't vouch for its quality! http://uk.accessorize.com/view/produ...1.9/1895934100) My arm gets tired very quickly if I can only hold a bag by hand, and it's not very practical in school if you only have one free hand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pixiefuller)
    I'd advise an over-shoulder messenger bag
    I use my pair a lot I started with them in college and still use them for work (I'll admit i have bought quality ones from Montblanc and Louis Vuitton but you can find the same style for less than £500 apiece)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.