Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Student Finance England - Compelling Personal Reasons CPR - Please help! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm wondering if anyone is able to shed a bit of light on the Student Finance England compelling personal reasons?

I studied for one year at University of Manchester (BA International Business and French) and left at the end of the year after failing my french modules. I then started at the University of Sheffield doing just BA Business Studies. However, after starting University i had to travel back to sudan where my father was sick and in hospital so upon being there couple days i was affected by malaria for almost 6 months i was in the hospital but the treatments were useless but there was no way i could back to england i just couldn't do anything i though i was dieing after 8 months i tried my best fainted couple times but i made it came home after a while almost 10 months of taking medicine i started to get better so now i have a international sick letter for my time there being sick will this affect my chances of getting funding for being away from the country next question is if i changed my sick letter into a uk one as i can go to my gp and he would right me one thats what he told me if i did that and send it will it be enough proof for cpr or not
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g6ed)
    I'm wondering if anyone is able to shed a bit of light on the Student Finance England compelling personal reasons?

I studied for one year at University of Manchester (BA International Business and French) and left at the end of the year after failing my french modules. I then started at the University of Sheffield doing just BA Business Studies. However, after starting University i had to travel back to sudan where my father was sick and in hospital so upon being there couple days i was affected by malaria for almost 6 months i was in the hospital but the treatments were useless but there was no way i could back to england i just couldn't do anything i though i was dieing after 8 months i tried my best fainted couple times but i made it came home after a while almost 10 months of taking medicine i started to get better so now i have a international sick letter for my time there being sick will this affect my chances of getting funding for being away from the country next question is if i changed my sick letter into a uk one as i can go to my gp and he would right me one thats what he told me if i did that and send it will it be enough proof for cpr or not
    Being out of the country temporarily wont affect your funding - even if in your case the trip away was extended substantially because of illness. Your sick letter from Sudan should be fine - just get it sent of ASAP with a note saying that your UK GP is also willing to provide a letter if necessary. If SFE want a letter from your GP they can ask for one.

ReputationRep:
    so is this enough to claim for cpr
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g6ed)
    so is this enough to claim for cpr
    It isn't possible to predict if it will be successful - but it's enough to apply with.

ReputationRep:
    so how can i have a much bigger chance in being successful
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g6ed)
    so how can i have a much bigger chance in being successful
    There is no way to know.

SFE do not make the guidelines their staff follow for CPR available.

All you can do is apply ASAP and make it clear in your application that you're happy to provide more evidence if required.

ReputationRep:
    alright thank you so much for your help

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.