A Question of Commitment Watch

Lush Law
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I intend to do the BVC after finishing my Law degree in 2008. I also have another quite big interest - modelling, which I currently do in the university holidays and sometimes in semester. The situation basically is that I might well be offered more contracts as a result of good work to date and this could entail me having a gap year in order to do some real, high-quality modelling for the likes of Jean-Paul Gaultier and Dior Homme.

Would it make me look unfocused to take a gap yr purely to model, or could this be regarded as decent 'life experience'? I am doubtful quite frankly.

Any views appreciated.
The Regend
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Don't be shy of using it to your advantage! Some of the BVCs may allow you to defer for a year after giving you a place. Ask them about it. Advertise the skills that you pick up - time management, organisational, inter-personal etc etc and it should help you rather than hinder your progress on to a BVC
Tory_boy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Sure it will help. Presentational skills are very important in that line of work. Not that catwalks are something you will be asked to do in an interview for a pupillage but you never know...
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (214)
43.76%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (151)
30.88%
I don't have an opinion (124)
25.36%

Watched Threads