Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Going to Greece in 4 weeks time. My period is due the day we fly out.
    So i was wondering if there is something available,which will stop my period for that week ?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah there is! Other people know more about it; but see your GP as early as possible to get it sorted out

ReputationRep:
    Yes assuming your not on the pill, you need to go and see your doctor who will prescribe you with the tablets that you take a few days before your period is due and (twice i think) daily when your aways, when you come back you stop the tablets and your period returns.

ReputationRep:
    It's not worth going on the pill though (if you're not already) for just the one holiday; it can take some time to settle down/get the rhythm. With certain pills, you run two packs together to skip a period, stuff like that. And you need to take some at a certain time of the month etc, when you start, if I remember rightly?

But that's beside the point!

The other stuff, which red rose talks about, isn't the pill and is just taken to stop the period when you want it stopped

ReputationRep:
    You can go to your doctor and get norethisterone tablets which you take 3 times a day starting them a few days before you're due on. When you want your period to come you just stop taking the tablets.

ReputationRep:
    if you are on the pill instead of missing your seven days just continue to take them thats what i usually do, but if you are not on the pill go see your GP for other method.

ReputationRep:
    You can go on the pill

ReputationRep:
    the pill can but there can be complications,i had a friend who took the pill to stop her period before her holiday and ended up having a month long period! do you want to take the risk?

ReputationRep:
    u can usually get norithrostone from ur doctor. u take it a few days before. but i can cause ur to have quite heavy and painfulk periods afterwards. though that mite have just been me.

ReputationRep:
    As other people have said, norithrostone can be prescribed by a doctor. I've had it, but also noticed that my period was quite painful afterwards. It's worth doing if a period would disrupt your holiday, but I'd advise the pill instead, you can start it anytime, and it effectively allows you to choose when you have your period (although you run the risk of breakthrough bleeding, especially in the first month.) God, don't you just hate being a girl, eh??

ReputationRep:
    I would just stock up on painkillers and so on unless you are very confident about the pill and feel it is worth it. I wouldn't recommend it if you haven't had it before - so many people get side-effects that you might risk messing up your holiday.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.