‘Rioting’ migrants in Calais burn lorry after storming ring road to port

Watch
ABadManTing
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
RIOTING Calais migrants set fire to a lorry as they blocked roads with debris and made a mass bid to reach Britain last night, according to reports in the port town.

Pictures emerged on social media of a charred truck which locals say was set alight by gangs of asylum seekers who stormed the ring road leading to the port.

Describing a “night of violence” campaign groups in the lawless northern French town described witnessing a “riot” as migrants attempted to slow lorries headed for the UK.

According to reports they piled up debris on the motorway and set fire to it to force trucks to slow down, so that they could smash the locks and stow away inside.

The latest night of violence comes as the population of the Jungle camp continues to swell despite French police attempts to dismantle it, with a new census revealing it is now home to a massive 7,300 people all hoping to sneak into Britain.

Read More:
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...ees-Britain-UK
MildredMalone
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
God, I hope they didn't succeed. Time to use lethal force tbh.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (71)
38.17%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (18)
9.68%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (12)
6.45%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (45)
24.19%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
13.44%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (15)
8.06%

Watched Threads