The Student Room Group

Transfer of University

Good morning everybody, I am an international student from Hong Kong, studying BA economics and Politics year 1 at Leicester. After 2 semesters, I found that my performance in economics field is far better than that in Politics I got around 80 at both my Micro and Macro and 9x at my maths in both semesters but I got around 60 at my Politics. So I sent my request for transfer of course to the school and I still not got any reply from them. I also applied for transfer of university, asking other universities whether second year entry to their economics program are allowed and whether an offer can be given to me. And recently I got the offer of 2nd year entry from Edinburgh ( MA Economics)and Australian National University(BA Economics). I am quite confusing about which choice is better for me(career path/academic performance/ the chance to get the job in either UK or Australia). Both of them are good universities but I have to spend one more year in Edinburgh to complete the program than I do in Australia. However the global ranking of Edinburgh seems to be slightly better than that of ANU. So I would like ask the advices from you guys. Thank you and appreciate for your help! :adore::adore:
Scottish universities are four years long, that means the first year of your Leicester degree is equivalent to the second year at Edinburgh - if you went to Edinburgh then you would in effect be re-doing the same year. Is the extra year (and the added cost) worth it? Only you can decide that.

As I understand it, it is very difficult for non-EU international students to stay in the UK after they've graduated. I don't think you should assume you could stay in the UK or in Australia, if you can get then great, but I think you should base your decision on how Edinburgh/ANU are regarded back home in Hong Kong rather than here. @Princepieman what do you think?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending