adam379
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi everyone, as GCSE results day is approaching I was just wanting to ask a quick question. So...
As part of the AQA GCSE French course you have to do controlled assessments (speaking and writing) in total it's worth 60% of your final grade. My teacher marked the controlled assessments and gave me 2 A's for the writings and 2 A*s for the speakings.
However for the listening and reading exams which is worth 40% of your final grade, I was on the foundation paper due to me not feeling confident of being on the higher paper. Obviously on a foundation paper the highest you can get is a C. If I do get 2 C's on the foundation paper, do you guys think it's possible for me to get an A grade overall?
Thanks
romansholiday
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by adam379)
Hi everyone, as GCSE results day is approaching I was just wanting to ask a quick question. So...
As part of the AQA GCSE French course you have to do controlled assessments (speaking and writing) in total it's worth 60% of your final grade. My teacher marked the controlled assessments and gave me 2 A's for the writings and 2 A*s for the speakings.
However for the listening and reading exams which is worth 40% of your final grade, I was on the foundation paper due to me not feeling confident of being on the higher paper. Obviously on a foundation paper the highest you can get is a C. If I do get 2 C's on the foundation paper, do you guys think it's possible for me to get an A grade overall?
Thanks
I think it is possible actually! I did my research on the french AQA papers a few months ago. Although I did higher for the listening and reading, I honestly think I got a C because I messed it up... What you need to do is go onto the AQA UMS converter, if you know your marks for your controlled assessments, you can enter them and see how much UMS they are worth, then estimate what you got in the exam, add them together and see what overall grade you would get if you sat the exams in 2015. This may seem confusing to you, but I'm kinda rushing this explanation because I'm just about to go out! Please reply if you need any more help, and I'll help you out later

http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administ.../ums-converter
adam379
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Thank you!
funky23
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You'll probably get a B or a mid-low A. Good luck! For me AQA French listening higher was bs
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (385)
56.78%
I don't have everything I need (293)
43.22%

Watched Threads