Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering what people thought of the nights in the union, what tends to be the best nights there and what sort of music they tend to play?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Monday - Top Banana - £1 entry, £1 drinks - 2 rooms:
    - Marketplace: Chart/Cheese
    - Cooler: RnB (although that sometimes creeps into the marketplace)

Other Nights:

The Weekend - Friday Night RnB

Saturday - Time Tunnel - 60s/70s/80s/90s (mixed or a fixed era), sometimes with a tribute band

Saturday - Skool Dayz - School Uniform - 90s/early noughties/classic anthems

Research - Indie Live Acts, sometimes big bands like The Automatic, Ash, Biffy Clyro.

Crash (friday) - Alternative, Punk, Indie,

For more info check http://www.sunion.warwick.ac.uk/portal/ents/

ReputationRep:
    Not to forget Wednesday which is a big night with Score mainly for those in a sports club but that does seem to be a lot of people. Music wise expect lots of cheese. Sometimes features random live music wonders such as Jason Donovan (actually quite good) B*Witched and The Vengaboys.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Adam. Best live act we had last year was easy The Futureheads, and it was good, probably almost as good as seeing them in a "proper" venue.

The only night most people bother with in the union is Top Banana on Mondays, due to the cheap drinks, cheap entry and the mainstream appeal. I literally lived for Top B in first term. I prefer Birmingham clubs now.

Score, on a Wednesday, is popular amoung sporty types. You go with your society cirlcle of members, get lashed, and sing along to various anthems. I find it fairly vulgar and unappealing, and so I'm much looking forward to an alternative night next year in Leamington, the Dog and Pony Show, in Moo Bar. Playing electro, indie, electronic, stuff to have a good little rave to. Cheaper drinks than Score, too.

ReputationRep:
    Mike! Havent seen you in these quarters for a good while.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.