The Student Room Group

Hair colour boy anwsers

What's your favourite hair colour on a girl ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
brown
Reply 2
Don't have one. I don't care.
Not smelly henna colour
Reply 4
i bat for both teams so i think i should be aloud to answer :smile:

any colour but i have a soft spot for gingers
Never ever dye your hair red - that's red, not ginger.

A dark purple on an african skinned ( that is actually black, not brown Asian, or mixed race with black and white) looks AMAZING.

Otherwise brown hair on white girls, black hair on anyone else, normally your natural hair colour just looks best though tbh.
Reply 6
Original post by TorpidPhil

A dark purple on an african skinned ( that is actually black, not brown Asian, or mixed race with black and white) looks AMAZING.

Otherwise brown hair on white girls, black hair on anyone else, normally your natural hair colour just looks best though tbh.

Why not red or ginger ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7

well actually i think it could be classed as both.
to me, red is the little mermaid red.
anything less is ginger
Original post by Jollyholly1
Why not red or ginger ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I said don't dye it red. Red I said. Not ginger. You can dye it ginger. But that only works on a very small amount of people anyway.

But red hair NEVER looks good. Just awful...
Original post by shawtyb
well actually i think it could be classed as both.
to me, red is the little mermaid red.
anything less is ginger

Well your hair as apparent from your profile picture.

That's what I mean.

Terrible :L

I think dying it like little mermaid could work, for about a week, if you keep dying it really often so the colour never fades. But dying hair is never perfectly accurate so... And you'd have to be very pale for that and wearing make-up. With a blank face I think it would still look bad. I'd just avoid it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Well your hair as apparent from your profile picture.

That's what I mean.

Terrible :L

I think dying it like little mermaid could work, for about a week, if you keep dying it really often so the colour never fades. But dying hair is never perfectly accurate so... And you'd have to be very pale for that and wearing make-up. With a blank face I think it would still look bad. I'd just avoid it.

disregarding the last two lines, the rest of your comment makes no sense at all
Original post by shawtyb
disregarding the last two lines, the rest of your comment makes no sense at all

That sort of reddy/purply colour is what I am saying looks universally bad. Thing is - it might look decent in person though your hair because photos and lighting change stuff... But if that's how it looks in person, I would say it is a universally bad colour.

Oh and red vs ginger is not complex.

It's just red vs orange... Pretty distinct colours really.
That sort of reddy/purply colour is what I am saying looks universally bad. Thing is - it might look decent in person though your hair because photos and lighting change stuff... But if that's how it looks in person, I would say it is a universally bad colour.

Oh and red vs ginger is not complex.

It's just red vs orange... Pretty distinct colours really.

well if i want to dye my hair a dark plum purple i will, regardless of what people will think.
i personally think it suits me and it eventually fades to a dark red type colour.
also, ginger/orange what ever, i like the colour hair on women. end of
Original post by shawtyb
well if i want to dye my hair a dark plum purple i will, regardless of what people will think.
i personally think it suits me and it eventually fades to a dark red type colour.
also, ginger/orange what ever, i like the colour hair on women. end of

Orange hair is fine if its your natural colour and again you are pale. Orange hair on something with a darker complexion looks silly.

Moral of the story your primary hair colour should mostly reflect what is natural for your skin tone at the time. If you have a tan and thus an unnatural skin tone you can dye your hair a darker colour than normal. Black women can get away with purple hair.

This hair looks really good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wxoyTE0LPQ

But again it looking good might just be because of her superb make-up skills. All the eye-makeup is just going with her hair magnificently. Dunno how good it would look when she wakes up in the morning but hey - nobody dyes their hair to look good then!
Orange hair is fine if its your natural colour and again you are pale. Orange hair on something with a darker complexion looks silly.

Moral of the story your primary hair colour should mostly reflect what is natural for your skin tone at the time. If you have a tan and thus an unnatural skin tone you can dye your hair a darker colour than normal. Black women can get away with purple hair.

This hair looks really good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wxoyTE0LPQ

But again it looking good might just be because of her superb make-up skills. All the eye-makeup is just going with her hair magnificently. Dunno how good it would look when she wakes up in the morning but hey - nobody dyes their hair to look good then!

What's so good about that hair ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
blonde - most girls I've been with were blonde
I hate any non natural hair colour. but blonde is the best over all
Original post by Jollyholly1
What's so good about that hair ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

She's dark skinned naturally so it makes sense that her hair is primarily brunette. But the way she does her eye make-up it makes those blonde highlights (with that hair style and hair positioning) just go together so well!
Any hair colour that's fairly normal or not too in your face are best imo. Natural is best but any kind of darker red and black dyed are fine. I can deal with like dark green as well but anything that's a brighter shade or very blatantly a dyed colour (ie. pink or bright blue) I can't really stand for a full head of hair.

Any colour goes with dip-dyed as far as I'm concerned unless the colour doesn't fit well with the majority hair colour (so like a natural ginger with blue dip dye would look pretty weird imo).
Ginger hair
Black hair

Quick Reply

Latest