Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It appears the new PPE test is out. I'm curious as to what a good score on the multiple choice portion would be.

The test won't be used to short-list people before interviews this year, but they suspect it may be used for that purpose in the future.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a link to it? Thanks.

Edit: Doesn't matter I found it; http://www.tsa.cambridgeassessment.org.uk/ppe/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jbruner17)
    It appears the new PPE test is out. I'm curious as to what a good score on the multiple choice portion would be.

The test won't be used to short-list people before interviews this year, but they suspect it may be used for that purpose in the future.
    Full marks, I'm guessing

ReputationRep:
    Since it's new and they are still experimenting with it noone can possibly have any idea as to what a good score is.

ReputationRep:
    ^^ True

At a guess though having just looked over it, I'd say 75% would be a good score, 90% would be an excellent score.

But I could be way off the mark.

ReputationRep:
    Looks good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jbruner17)

Well, it's identical to the example TSA (for Cambridge) test on that website, which says (after you've done the full practice test): 'The score on the test was 100%.

Your score is reported as a percentage, but you do not receive information about individual items. You will want to know what the score "means".

TSA scores are not associated with grades like A-Levels, and the scores are used only for comparing candidates.

You may like to note that mean score when the test was used was 63%. This is the mean of the scores obtained by 153 applicants for places in Cambridge Colleges. Most of the candidates were applying for admission in Computer Science.'

So assuming CompScis and PPEists brains are similar with regard to TSA questions, the mean was 63%, but I'm guessing a 'good' score would probably be something like 80% upwards.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting.

I got a 90% on the short test. I'll take the long test now.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.