Turn on thread page Beta

i don't know wassup with me but suddenly i'm feeling very depressed and whenever i look at the mirror i just hate that thing that stared back. i dunno, it's a pointless thread but i just want it to get it off from my chest as i can't really run around the house screaming 'i'm ugly'

ReputationRep:
    i know how your feeling. i dont feel ugly but for me its more emotional like i really cant stand myself at the moment and maybe its not your appearance at all, its how your feeling inside.

ReputationRep:
    Well I certeinly see your point about not running around the house screaming "i'm ugly". But hey, you could have an STI?

ReputationRep:
    I know the feeling, sometimes you see people, and you just want to scream "UGLY HAG"

Stop getting so depressed about it, as mentioned, there are worse things including Crabs and Syphillis. Get some class and dignity and you won't even need looks!

ReputationRep:
    We are all our worst critics- so I would suggest asking your friends for some constructive criticisms

ReputationRep:
    I feel your pain.

ReputationRep:
    Learn to love the parts that you like about yourself (personality?), and the rest should take care of itself

ReputationRep:
    Everyone has their moments once in a while, just look at it in a positive way. Find something you really like about yourself, your eyes,smile,hair,nose can be anything and build up from that.

You'll see that you're just being too hard on yourself.

ReputationRep:
    I think we all have 'ugly days' then other days we have 'damn you are looking hot today' days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by candy_kiss)
    i know how your feeling. i dont feel ugly but for me its more emotional like i really cant stand myself at the moment and maybe its not your appearance at all, its how your feeling inside.
    I feel exactly the same.

to the OP, I'm sure you're not ugly at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackswan)
    I think we all have 'ugly days' then other days we have 'damn you are looking hot today' days.

Definately.
    Its weird how our perception of ourselves can change so much day to day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackswan)
    Yeh I have a lot of those days:p: Then there are the day you think you are just 'ok'

ReputationRep:
    Just remember most of us, if not all, are unhappy with some facial/body feature of ourselves, most of the time other people wont even know that you think this. The trick is to work with what you have, focus on the good things about yourself and don't let the negative things overshadow everything.

ReputationRep:
    Awww it's true, we all have these days! where nothing just seems to feel right damnit!

How about arranging a night out with your friends, even if it's just something like bowling? It gives you a reason to buy a nice new top and dress up and feel great! That's what I usually do when I feel like I'm having a bad session.

And like others have suggested on this post, try to focus on the good things about yourself and not the "bad things". Has someone ever moaned about the way they look and you think 'but there's nothing wrong with that'?

I hope you're feeling much better soon *hugs*

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm not exactly Brad Pitt myself. If it's something you can't change, it's something you have to live with. I know that most of my physical faults are correctable - dodgy teeth, nose isn't perfect, height I can't change, quite skinny but that can be changed. But remember, there is more to a person than their physical appearance. And are you male or female? Because every girl who has ever told me she's 'really ugly' is drop-dead gorgeous.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I know how you feel. I've hard far more people tell me I'm ugly through my 20 years than have ever said I look good. I find dressing up nice and a bit of makeup and weight-loss if necessary helps loads.

I'm sure you're pretty and don't know it! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cage)
    Well I'm not exactly Brad Pitt myself. If it's something you can't change, it's something you have to live with. I know that most of my physical faults are correctable - dodgy teeth, nose isn't perfect, height I can't change, quite skinny but that can be changed. But remember, there is more to a person than their physical appearance. And are you male or female? Because every girl who has ever told me she's 'really ugly' is drop-dead gorgeous.
    Aww Have some rep

ReputationRep:
    Surgery is an option - but notably an expensive one. Remember the body/face you had at 20 is the one you dreamed for at 40. If that philosophy doesn't work for you, then I'd suggest surgery.

[cheese]looks dont matter,if someone likes you they should know you inside out and if they discover you have a beautiful soul you will know they truly adore you
    [/cheese]

ReputationRep:
    im sure your not so ugly...you just need confidence and like someone said earlier focus on something you are happy with and youll realise youre not all that bad

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.