The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
i met someone at uni in january and we were pretty close and id think about him everyday and wish how we could be together but now hes gone home for the summer not back till mid sep.
i havent spoke to them once.

if you call them all the time the more youll miss them cos your use to talkin to them, but just try not to call or text them, youll soon get over it
xx
Reply 61
um I'll be away for 10 months, hoping we can make it work **
choco6
um I'll be away for 10 months, hoping we can make it work **

Same here. We have the holidays to see each toher and phoning/e-amiling etc. but it just won't be the same :frown:

He's on holiday at the moment and doesn't get back till next week. So these two week will have been the longest I have been apart from him.
I've been with my boyf for over a year and the longest we've been apart is like... 2 or 3 days. And that's only happened like 3 times. Nowadays we live together so we're always together. Our friends have even started joking about it by blending out names together... maybe they're trying to tell us something? lol. Ah well... it works for us, so that's all that matters right?
2 weeks.
Reply 65
My gf has been away on holiday for over a month with her family now....but its less than a week tilll she gets back.Im sooo anxious and i cant wait!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 66
Ive only been away from my bf for one day at the most. Those days make me miss him, think about him and dream about him so much I may as well be with him as those days are supposed to be having our own space but we just end up emailing and texting eachother the whole day anyway
Reply 67
It aint all its made out to be. My boyfriend went away for a month and now hes back only for a week and hes ''too busy'' to see me. help?
It seems a long way away but september 2008 my girlfriend goes away to Japan for her year abroad for nine months and then when she goes back to uni for her last year I will have already graduated. The problem is that I live 200+ miles away from uni and I do an international subject so I could even have a job in another country! It sucks thinking that cold possibly happen...and I thought the nine months was bad enough. But the longest we've been apart so far is 6 weeks and I couldn't take it any longer So I caught a flight and visited her in Italy. Whatever happens is that i'll make the most of this next year and make it one special year!
Reply 69
winniethepooh88
how come?

Beacause of uni...he lives about 150 miles away :frown:...and im not gonna get to see him til the end of sept...*sigh*
5 days into the month my bf has gone away for...finding it pretty tough but trying to keep busy to stop myself getting miserable!! When I'm with friends/working time goes much, much faster!! Luckily, he has access to the internet as he has a computer in his house in India so we've been able to email and will use msn occasionally! Makes me feel much better knowing there are others feeling the same as me and also lucky as some of you guys have been away from your partners for soooo long...don't know how you cope!! The thing that gets me the most is worrying about him...I know it sounds stupid but I get so scared something will happen to him while he's over there :frown: Do any of you get like that too or is it just me? I know it's probably a bit irrational but I can't stop myself from getting really anxious about him!!
Reply 71
Vincent_Valentine
It seems a long way away but september 2008 my girlfriend goes away to Japan for her year abroad for nine months and then when she goes back to uni for her last year I will have already graduated. The problem is that I live 200+ miles away from uni and I do an international subject so I could even have a job in another country! It sucks thinking that cold possibly happen...and I thought the nine months was bad enough. But the longest we've been apart so far is 6 weeks and I couldn't take it any longer So I caught a flight and visited her in Italy. Whatever happens is that i'll make the most of this next year and make it one special year!

you'll be apart for 9 months without meeting up even once? good luck
by the end of september me and my boyfriend will technically have been together 7 months, but for 4 out of those 7 I will have been away (I'm an international). so in reality we've only been together for 3.
It's not easy but it makes the times we do have together all the better. I sympathise with those of you who have proper LDR's thought.. this is hard enough!
Reply 73
lol my bf is training to be a pilot in the usa, he left at the end of April, and is due home some time in september, probably around the 14th, its been soooooo hard being apart particularly as i go off to uni when he comes home so we realli dont hav that much time 2getha. but it is worth it if u kno u are with the right person. the month or so we've got left seems forever in my head but im hoping it will fly xxxxxxx
Tasha89
you'll be apart for 9 months without meeting up even once? good luck

Unless I can fork out a load of money to fly and visit then that will be the case. I'll be working my ass off to get the money but along with studying to get a decent grade at uni it's going to be hard! Thanks for the good luck :smile:
Like...a month.:frown:
Reply 76
Vincent_Valentine
Unless I can fork out a load of money to fly and visit then that will be the case. I'll be working my ass off to get the money but along with studying to get a decent grade at uni it's going to be hard! Thanks for the good luck :smile:

you're welcome:smile:
nice to see that some people actually put in effort to make their relationships work.

most people just break up if spending months apart comes into the picture!
Tasha89
you're welcome:smile:
nice to see that some people actually put in effort to make their relationships work.

most people just break up if spending months apart comes into the picture!

Either that or they give it a go but realise it's harder than they thought and think the easiest way is just to end it.
Again thank you for the nice comment. Even now my gf and I are miles apart but I flew over there a few weeks ago for a visit and now selling a load of stuff on ebay that I don't need anymore to visit before we go back to uni.
Reply 78
spose it'll be 14 months by the time she gets home. :frown:
We're still doing good though. :smile:
Anonymous
5 days into the month my bf has gone away for...finding it pretty tough but trying to keep busy to stop myself getting miserable!! When I'm with friends/working time goes much, much faster!! Luckily, he has access to the internet as he has a computer in his house in India so we've been able to email and will use msn occasionally! Makes me feel much better knowing there are others feeling the same as me and also lucky as some of you guys have been away from your partners for soooo long...don't know how you cope!! The thing that gets me the most is worrying about him...I know it sounds stupid but I get so scared something will happen to him while he's over there :frown: Do any of you get like that too or is it just me? I know it's probably a bit irrational but I can't stop myself from getting really anxious about him!!

:eek: I feel EXACTLY the same... my boyfriend didnt call me when he was supposed to and I got mad, and then mega worried when I realised something bad might have happened... but fortunately the only think that happened is that my boyfriends capable of falling asleep in the afternoon and not waking up til 2 in the morning :rolleyes: .. im also about 5 days into a month long thing, how odd! .... but on the plus side, the first couple of days I felt absolutely awful but now Im starting to feel a little better, especially since he rang me and we had our first proper chat since he left :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending