The Student Room Group

Student loan help

Hello, I have recently decided to attend University in England next year. I wanted to find out if I'm eligible for a student loan. My parents are Chinese but I was born in Italy and I'll get the Italian citizenship soon. According to the Italian law I'm actually Italian because I was born here. So, am I eligible for a student loan? And I also wanted to know how can I repay it and how is the interest calculated. Thank you!
Original post by Ang2706
Hello, I have recently decided to attend University in England next year. I wanted to find out if I'm eligible for a student loan. My parents are Chinese but I was born in Italy and I'll get the Italian citizenship soon. According to the Italian law I'm actually Italian because I was born here. So, am I eligible for a student loan? And I also wanted to know how can I repay it and how is the interest calculated. Thank you!

You could be entitled to a tuition fee loan which you start paying after you graduate and earn over 21k and currently it's 3.9% interest . However we don't know if when the uk leaves the Eu if this loan will stop being offered, you should be okay for next year though.
Original post by Ang2706

Hi,

Based on the information you have provided you would be eligible for the tuition fee only as an EU national. You would start repaying this the April after you graduate and earning over £21,000. The interest rate is RPI + 3%.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending