Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Just wondering if anyone can help. My monitor just suddenly went huge - like it's really zoomed in, and I can't get it back! (The width of the box I'm typing in now is the width of my widescreen monitor, and it's making my eyes go funny!!). Any ideas how to change it back (it's an HP system and monitor, if that makes a difference??)

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    On your desktop, right click an empty area and choose properties, go to the settings tab. Under screen resolution, move the slider towards the right and click apply after each change until you find the setting it was on before.

It varies by monitor but some widescreen resolutions are: 1280x768, 1280x800 or 1400x1050 so try them and see if it's what you want.

ReputationRep:
    that sounds like your desktop resolution has altered.

right click the desktop > properties > settings tab > resolution slider

what resolution does it say is being used?

ReputationRep:
    It's on 800x600. There are a few others on the slider and none seem to look quite right!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prettyblueeyes)
    It's on 800x600. There are a few others on the slider and none seem to look quite right!
    What other options are available?

ReputationRep:
    800x600
    1024x768
    1152x864
    1280x960
    1366x768
    1440x900

are the options!

Thanks for this help!

ReputationRep:
    1440x900 is the proper resolution your monitor should be at, so set it as that.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot, that's much better!!

ReputationRep:
    glad to help

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.