Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Concerning the principle not the past application of the philosophy.

So what do you think about the general principle of Eugenics? i.e. the general betterment of the human genetic stock? So try not to view it solely in terms of past applications such as sterilization and 'cleansing'.

ReputationRep:
    Instead of editing humans why can't we just make something like Cell from DBZ lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mercuryman)
    Instead of editing humans why can't we just make something like Cell from DBZ lol.
    Because we saw how that turned out, and I don't fancy relying on Goku to save us this time.

ReputationRep:
    I see nothing wrong with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm a libertarian so instinctively I don't see a problem with it - I especially have no issue with it if it's to prevent certain inheritable diseases. I, however, have a moral problem with the prospect of a society where people have to compete against basically supermen, but I guess if it's harming nobody then it's nothing more than free market competition - it's not as if it's going to cause overpopulation/unemployment or something - just more fierce human mating competition

I personally don't feel like we'll get to a stage in time where normal families are going to customise their baby like a sims character - I don't think people will ever feel comfortable with that - they'll be more inclined to just have natural babies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    Because we saw how that turned out, and I don't fancy relying on Goku to save us this time.
    OK fine. Does Android 16 sound better to you?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.