Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am on 3 and I am unhappy with my contract but it has not ended yet. Is it possible to change to a different contract (still on 3)?

ReputationRep:
    I think usually phone companies allow you to change your contract after the first 3 months or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    I have had a reply from 3. They say you can change to a higher priced tariff but can only change down after 12 months! I am considering paying the cancellation fee (depending on how much it is) and starting again.

ReputationRep:
    It wouldnt be wise the cnacellation fee will comprise of your line rental added up for the remaining months of your contract. So if you pay 30 pound a month and have 10 months left on your contract and want to cancel early then you would have to pay 300 pounds "cancellation fee". The alternative of course, would be to cancel your direct debits, but that would affect your credit rating

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iceman_jondoe)
    It wouldnt be wise the cnacellation fee will comprise of your line rental added up for the remaining months of your contract. So if you pay 30 pound a month and have 10 months left on your contract and want to cancel early then you would have to pay 300 pounds "cancellation fee". The alternative of course, would be to cancel your direct debits, but that would affect your credit rating
    It wouldn't just mess with your credit rating, they'll also be perfectly allowed to pursue you for the sum through debt collection companies and, if they care enough, the courts. So you might find the bailiffs turn up at your door one day, with a much bigger bill (due to all the costs they've incurred along the way).

ReputationRep:
    There was something recently about being able to cancel a contract because companies had changed some of their t&c's - such as charging more international calls etc.
    I'm afraid I dont know if it applied to 3 but it may well be worth searching around.
    You could just get a 12 month free contract and let the 3 one run it's course but it seems unlikely you can get out of it

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.