Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do most College Students do during the long Summer hols...? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So we've just got into August and I've realized that I'm tired, bored and fed up.There's still five more weeks to go till I start College in September..It feels like an age since since I broke up from School...Watching repeats of The Simpsons and The Big Bang Theory and playing GTA and Minecraft is only fun for so long.... Every day feels the same.I brought home a booklet from school of lots of clubs/activities and events to do during the Summer hols but of course most of them are too young for me. I did however find a few events which included my age group, however when my mum looked she found nothing for my age group except for one club. As a result, she whizzed the mag into the recycling :{There is however one Sports Club on at the local Leisure Centre for young people that I've been too before. However, when I got there, it was full of little kids. They had done what they had before - had merged my normal club with another Sports Club, but no one else from my club was there! The oldest there was about 12 years old. While the kids there did me me feel welcome, I was conscious of the fact that I did feel a bit too old - a bit like how a 60 year old would feel dancing in a nightclub full of 20 year old's - they looked amazed and stared at me for a few seconds when I told them how old I was!Suffice to say, I haven't been back.Other than going Swimming, and going to my Youth Club, I haven't done much else this holiday. Most days I get up late, then for most of the day I'm sat on my ass in front of the computer or sat on the armchair watching telly - basically doing noult. It's also been really dull and cloudy these past few days which hasn't helped - the last proper sunny day here was when we had that really hot day a couple of weeks back. That's nothing new of course - The weather is rarely good during the Summer break - August usually is a damp, cloudy month - at least up North anyway! Anyone else feel this way..? What do you do during the long Summer hols...?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by CollegeStudent99)
    So we've just got into August and I've realized that I'm tired, bored and fed up.There's still five more weeks to go till I start College in September..It feels like an age since since I broke up from School...Watching repeats of The Simpsons and The Big Bang Theory and playing GTA and Minecraft is only fun for so long.... Every day feels the same.I brought home a booklet from school of lots of clubs/activities and events to do during the Summer hols but of course most of them are too young for me. I did however find a few events which included my age group, however when my mum looked she found nothing for my age group except for one club. As a result, she whizzed the mag into the recycling :{There is however one Sports Club on at the local Leisure Centre for young people that I've been too before. However, when I got there, it was full of little kids. They had done what they had before - had merged my normal club with another Sports Club, but no one else from my club was there! The oldest there was about 12 years old. While the kids there did me me feel welcome, I was conscious of the fact that I did feel a bit too old - a bit like how a 60 year old would feel dancing in a nightclub full of 20 year old's - they looked amazed and stared at me for a few seconds when I told them how old I was!Suffice to say, I haven't been back.Other than going Swimming, and going to my Youth Club, I haven't done much else this holiday. Most days I get up late, then for most of the day I'm sat on my ass in front of the computer or sat on the armchair watching telly - basically doing noult. It's also been really dull and cloudy these past few days which hasn't helped - the last proper sunny day here was when we had that really hot day a couple of weeks back. That's nothing new of course - The weather is rarely good during the Summer break - August usually is a damp, cloudy month - at least up North anyway! Anyone else feel this way..? What do you do during the long Summer hols...?
    When I was in sixth form I did some volunteering a couple of days a week

ReputationRep:
    Just try to make the Best of everyday with what your able to do

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The Big Bang Theory

Silicon Valley

ReputationRep:
    well it's too late now but you should've got a job then you would have money to go out and do more stuff and something to fill your days

see if you can find anywhere to volunteer?

try and learn a new skill? language, instrument, sport etc?

spend more time with friends/family?

Working part-time and watch anime.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Also reading my AS Biology textbook and making notes. Got started on C1 module for Maths yesterday. :ahee:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.