Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you bring memes into real life conversation? watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    my brother tragically is infected with memes and because he's only 9 and still a child , he doesnt really understand how cringe it is to forcifully say things like ''Y U NO GET IT'' to sound funny. i often have to tell him he's not funny cos in the real world he'd probably get weird looks.

then there's some socially awkward people in my school who bring memes into conversations like ''U MAD?'' ''JOHN CENA'' and i just wish i wasnt there witnessing the cringe, genuinely feel second hand embarrassment for them.

ReputationRep:
    "Y U NO GET IT?" and "U MAD?"... What is this, 2010?

#dicksoutforharambe

ReputationRep:
    I mean there was a time period where the whole class would only say 21 like that kid in the vine :lol:

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by surina16)
    I mean there was a time period where the whole class would only say 21 like that kid in the vine :lol:

my brother just discovered that and it's disappointing. he even asked me to take part with him to act out the meme by telling me to ask him ''what's 10 + 9''

WHYYYYY would you do things like thissss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    my brother tragically is infected with memes and because he's only 9 and still a child , he doesnt really understand how cringe it is to forcifully say things like ''Y U NO GET IT'' to sound funny. i often have to tell him he's not funny cos in the real world he'd probably get weird looks.

then there's some socially awkward people in my school who bring memes into conversations like ''U MAD?'' ''JOHN CENA'' and i just wish i wasnt there witnessing the cringe, genuinely feel second hand embarrassment for them.

ReputationRep:
    This must be one of the unfortunate signs of judgement day.

No, that's absurd. Internet stuff stays on the internet.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, in my 6th form college memes are associated with cool. Mind you we don't talk about it the same way as OP is saying.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    Yes, in my 6th form college memes are associated with cool. Mind you we don't talk about it the same way as OP is saying.
    oh how do you discuss memes then?

ReputationRep:
    What's a real life conversation?

ReputationRep:
    oh how do you discuss memes then?
    We show each other memes, and like talk about memes in general like being a meme admin, how to make a good meme.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I really want to see that :lol:

ReputationRep:
    oh my god no that's just embarrassing, it's just a guilty internet secret my friends and I pledge never to mention irl

ReputationRep:
    I also rep people in real life

ReputationRep:
    it's hard for pepe to manifest in real life but i'm always trying my best

ReputationRep:
    I tried to upvote somebody the other day and they gave me a funny look.

In all honesty, no I don't, and the only people I know who do are cringy.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.