The Student Room Group

A-Level Results Day: Grade Boundaries

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by WhatIsSleep
I'm scared because as soon as I know the grade boundaries, I'll know my grades pretty much..

Yeah, in maths I know what marks I've got so grade boundary will hopefully be nice.
Original post by SGHD26716
Are you sure? So will they we on our results sheet or will only our exam officer have access to them? Thanks for replying anyway.

From what I've heard then there will be no raw marks on results sheets. You would need to ask your teacher or exams officer who can look them up.
Original post by SGHD26716
Are you sure? So will they we on our results sheet or will only our exam officer have access to them? Thanks for replying anyway.

Well different exams officers use different software to compile the results individually. I know that in my one, they show the grade and on the back page, they break down the results into individual raw marks.
Wish they released this a couple days before results day, rather than the day before results day :laugh:

Waiting for Edexcel
Hoping and praying psychology will be low haha
Ffs the wait for grade boundaries is killing me, I won't rest till I find out Unit 4 Bio edexcel is 47/90 for an A.
Reply 66
Original post by ASTK98
Ffs the wait for grade boundaries is killing me, I won't rest till I find out Unit 4 Bio edexcel is 47/90 for an A.

1 day and less than 10 hours left!
Original post by Lannew1
I completely failed them so I probs brought them down singlehandedly

Aw you probably haven't, you may have done better than expected! Remember when you think you haven't done well, you may have done a lot better! Have faith in yourself and best of luck for results😊
grade boundaries coming!!!!!
I think grade boundaries are gonna be low this year apart from A2 chemistry and C4 maths.
All other subjects should be low.
Original post by nwmyname
I think grade boundaries are gonna be low this year apart from A2 chemistry and C4 maths.
All other subjects should be low.

I think I dropped like 8 marks on C4, I hope that's enough to get an A + some extra UMS.
I've just got my notebook out ready for Wednesday morning: AQA
I have written down every unit, the max UMS, then for each I have a space for grades that could be likely in that particular unit.. EG my resit exams I've put down A-D, my psychology exams A*-C, my history ones A-E, biology ones A*-C etc..
I'm gonna take it with me so I can see how close I am to each boundary, for example if I wanted a remark, and just for my own piece of mind to see if I've aced an exam or only just got what I wanted.
at the end of the day guys it will be what it will be. No point trying to guess your grades or stress yourself out even more by looking at the grade boundaries, just try to forget about it all till Wednesday evening. Nothing you can do now! Best of luck x
Seriously not sure whether to look at these

If they're low it'll be good but I'll be kicking myself if I see I was close to a boundary on the day aha
Reply 74
Original post by lucabrasi98
Alright let's get this out the way. How many of you cheated on your ISA's which inevitably contributes to the disgusting grade boundaries we're going to see?

I have friends in 4 local schools and they all confirmed multiple classes cheated. Meanwhile there's our school doing it properly. It's so frustrating to know I'm inevitably getting a B grade max in the ISA. And that's in my best one. In my worst I'll probably get a D.

First time doing an ISA our teacher didn't even tell us in advance, instead deciding to spring it on us the morning of (we all got Us). However, when we got a new student who had been to 2 other sixth forms prior to our one, she confirmed that every school cheats and convinced him to help us cheat. We did it, except our great teacher asked for permission from the head to cheat which inevitably fell through :rolleyes: so... nearly? Luckily he gave us some actual time to revise and told us what the ISA was based on and we all came out with Cs
Reply 75
So I got High B'1s in my cwk for both film and media AS two three marks of an A what will I need in the exam to get either a B or an C
Original post by emiloujess
1 week today GBs will start coming out :frown:

So... in two days? :O
Reply 77
Original post by dr-jekyll
So... in two days? :O

No, tomorrow
Wait where do you find grade boundaries?
AQA PSYCH
OCR BIO
AQA HISTORY
Original post by TrojanH
Wait where do you find grade boundaries?
AQA PSYCH
OCR BIO
AQA HISTORY

See on the first post of this thread, there are all the links to each exam boards' grade boundaries pending ('notional'). When the links are available, the words will turn blue, you can then click into links and see the grade boundaries and find your subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest