Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Emma Watson, according to new rumours, wants to study philosophy at Cambridge University.

Emma Watson staits this during an interview with Tatler editor Geordie Greig.

aha.

ReputationRep:
    Mm, people have been talking about that for a while.
    Maybe we could be in lectures together.

AhahHA.

ReputationRep:
    Who's Emma Watson? :wtf?:

*goes to wiki* :creep:
    EDIT: Now if you'd just said Hermione.. :hmpf: *mutters*

ReputationRep:
    She's the actress who plays Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter movies.

ReputationRep:
    Gosh i've just realised how sad i am for posting this.

I've just reached a whole new level of geekness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princess.sparkle)
    I've just reached a whole new level of geekness.
    Quite the reverse, actually.

ReputationRep:
    A commendable aspiration, considering that she is already said to have amassed in the region of seven-million pounds based on her allegiance to the Potter franchise; and, certainly, she appears not to lack the academic wherewithal (though I'd question her choice of A-Levels).

ReputationRep:
    I heard that apparently she was going to come to my college (Hills Road Sixth Form) too, but I'm not sure if that's still true or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    A commendable aspiration, considering that she is already said to have amassed in the region of seven-million pounds based on her allegiance to the Potter franchise; and, certainly, she appears not to lack the academic wherewithal (though I'd question her choice of A-Levels).
    There is a slight ambiguity to what she is actually studying - Wikipedia and some of the magazines suggest she is studying Dance with English Literature and something else, which means overall she would not satisfy the 'two traditional subjects'. However, other sources suggest she is doing English, History and Geography or something.

ReputationRep:
    I think it was in Varsity (either that or The Cambridge Student) that she was taking 3 a levels, including dance, therefore she wouldn't be able to get an offer because Cambridge don't count dance as a proper a level.

ReputationRep:
    I am continually amazed at the determination of such wealthy individuals. With seven million pounds, I am sure that I would be quite unable to resist the temptation to simply invest the sum and renounce life's myriad pressures entirely. Assuming, at the very least, an increase of 5% per annum, I would receive an annual income of over three-hundred thousand pounds; a handsome salary, by any standard, and quite enough leisurely to live out my days as a writer.

Off-topic: Profesh, I noted the presence of Squarepusher within the 'recently played tracks' list contained in your profile. A man after my own heart; we are a rare breed (although I did, today, manage to induct another into the fold through strategic in-car playing of 'Hard Normal Daddy').

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't want to give up the uni experience even if I was a multi-millionaire. Saying that, someone as famous as she is probably wouldn't have a normal student experience, sadly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tarka)
    I think it was in Varsity (either that or The Cambridge Student) that she was taking 3 a levels, including dance, therefore she wouldn't be able to get an offer because Cambridge don't count dance as a proper a level.
    Correct.

http://www.varsity.co.uk/news/492/1/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    I wouldn't want to give up the uni experience even if I was a multi-millionaire.
    :dito:

ReputationRep:
    Ooh good, that means we won't have her. I've seen her round Oxford sometimes, she acts like a right stroppy little sod - and doesn't seem to like having to queue.
    I realise that was completely inconsequential to the topic of this thread, but I just thought I'd add my (clearly highly useful) point!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinyhappy)
    Ooh good, that means we won't have her. I've seen her round Oxford sometimes, she acts like a right stroppy little sod - and doesn't seem to like having to queue.
    I realise that was completely inconsequential to the topic of this thread, but I just thought I'd add my (clearly highly useful) point!
    :eyeball: I also don't like having to queue. You might think I was a stroppy sod if you saw my facial expression when in crowds...:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LGoddard)
    I am continually amazed at the determination of such wealthy individuals. With seven million pounds, I am sure that I would be quite unable to resist the temptation to simply invest the sum and renounce life's myriad pressures entirely. Assuming, at the very least, an increase of 5% per annum, I would receive an annual income of over three-hundred thousand pounds; a handsome salary, by any standard, and quite enough leisurely to live out my days as a writer.
    And I mine, as an epicure.

Off-topic: Profesh, I noted the presence of Squarepusher within the 'recently played tracks' list contained in your profile. A man after my own heart; we are a rare breed (although I did, today, manage to induct another into the fold through strategic in-car playing of 'Hard Normal Daddy').
    2'15" to 6'05" of 'Tetra-Sync' comprise some of the most magisterial instrumentation I've ever experienced. Apropos, have you heard my brother's work? I hope to pull no punches in saying that it evokes a sonic collision [collusion?] between Luke Vibert, Squarepusher, DJ Shadow and Massive Attack; and I'm his harshest critic.

ReputationRep:
    from what i've read of her academic record, A-level choices, and future aspirations, I have to admit I would be very suprised if she got in. But it would be unfair to dismiss her completely

ReputationRep:
    Hm... Her GCSEs are good, but with those A-levels, she hasn't got a snowball's chance in hell. OH well. You're not missing out on that much. I saw her once, making a bit of a scene. Bit of a madam.

ReputationRep:
    Apropos, have you heard my brother's work? I hope to pull no punches in saying that it evokes a sonic collision [collusion?] between Luke Vibert, Squarepusher, DJ Shadow and Massive Attack; and I'm his harshest critic.
    I haven't, as it happens, but I shall make an effort to as soon time permits.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.