Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is prediction of A*A*BB in Maths, Accounts , geography and further maths enough to apply to oxford?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ja.19)
    Is prediction of A*A*BB in Maths, Accounts , geography and further maths enough to apply to oxford?
    You should be predicted at least the entry requirements for your subject, not lower.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by ja.19)
    Not really. You should be predicted at least the minimum entry requirements and your cause isn't helped by the fact that two of your three facilitating subjects are predicted Bs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ja.19)
    Try to convince your teacher to five you an A in one of these subjects that you have a B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    Not really. You should be predicted at least the minimum entry requirements and your cause isn't helped by the fact that two of your three facilitating subjects are predicted Bs.
    Even if I got 7A* 6A in my o levels and I am hoping to get 5 As in my As and giving a total of 6 subjects in A levels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ja.19)
    Even if I got 7A* 6A in my o levels and I am hoping to get 5 As in my As and giving a total of 6 subjects in A levels
    Unfortunately....
    No matter how good your previous achievements have been you have to fulfill the requirements. You have to have at least A*A*AB. As I said try to talk with your teachers!?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by ja.19)
    Firstly, if you get 5 As at AS, why would you be predicted A*A*BB? Secondly, please don't make the mistake of assuming that universities will be impressed by you taking loads of A Levels and will be more lenient with your grades. They wont. All you need are 3 A Levels, 4 are fine, any more than 4 is pointless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    Firstly, if you get 5 As at AS, why would you be predicted A*A*BB? Secondly, please don't make the mistake of assuming that universities will be impressed by you taking loads of A Levels and will be more lenient with your grades. They wont. All you need are 3 A Levels, 4 are fine, any more than 4 is pointless.
    What if I apply to LSE. Will I be considered?
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by ja.19)
    Yes as no university can see where you applied to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DreamlinerFinder)
    Yes as no university can see where you applied to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Looking at the predicted grades that i have, will I be considered at Lse
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by ja.19)
    Looking at the predicted grades that i have, will I be considered at Lse
    That depends on the cohort and the admissions decision made
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by ja.19)
    Once again, if you're not predicted the minimum entrance requirements, your chances aren't going to be great.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.