The Student Room Group

Step-father

I love my step-father very much,much more than my biological father as he had abandoned me and now has a different family.I love my step-father very much I look up to him and want to make him and my mother proud.My gradnma said he is not your father which hurt my feelings as I wish I was his as I would love to have a family structured life.When i told him what she said he didn't really say anything and when I told him that my grandmother told me not to study but i have entrance exams upcoming and my mother tells me to study.I just wanted him to say what I wanted him to say which would be something like this:study hard don't listen to your grandmother I believe in you but what he said was she is probably right she is probably very wise.I was hurt I bet if I was biologically his he would say something and would give me the tough love I need and deserve in order for me to do well academically.He says you are mine but then he says if you were mine i would do this etc.I am perplexed I love this person so much and they will never see me as their's I wish I knew what it feels like to have a father I don't think he will ever see me as his.

My father (step) and my mother are the only people I look up to and my father (step) is very diligent and so is my mum which inspires me and if I don't study Ii feel something is wrong.I am just hurt and confused I wish my family saw him as my father and that he would truly truly see me as his maybe I want too much.I have not met his family but they are really well educated his mother studied at Cornell and is a doctor while his father works in finance.I don't know them but they seem quite inspirational and the people whom I would like to became.I am just desperate to be loved,cared for and have the family I never had as I was abandoned by my father when before I was born.

For me a parent is someone who loves you and cares about you not someone who is related by blood I hate how many people don't see it that way as everyone just wants to be loved and cared for.
I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling that way :console: . Did your grandmother give a reason for telling you not to study for your exams? That seems like a very odd thing to say and I'm sure you know that it isn't exactly good advice. Perhaps the reason that your stepfather agreed with her was so that he can be more respected and accepted by her himself (I'm guessing this grandmother is your mother's mother?) Anyway, I'm not trying to pry but to me the fact that your stepfather has stuck around despite not being biologically related to you is a sign that he does love and care for you :smile: Have you tried talking to him about how you feel?

Hope you're feeling better soon, good luck with your entrance exams! :smile:

Original post by Anonymous1502
For me a parent is someone who loves you and cares about you not someone who is related by blood I hate how many people don't see it that way as everyone just wants to be loved and cared for.

This is very true.
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling that way :console: . Did your grandmother give a reason for telling you not to study for your exams? That seems like a very odd thing to say and I'm sure you know that it isn't exactly good advice. Perhaps the reason that your stepfather agreed with her was so that he can be more respected and accepted by her himself (I'm guessing this grandmother is your mother's mother?) Anyway, I'm not trying to pry but to me the fact that your stepfather has stuck around despite not being biologically related to you is a sign that he does love and care for you :smile: Have you tried talking to him about how you feel?

Hope you're feeling better soon, good luck with your entrance exams! :smile:

This is very true.

Thank you,but we spoke on the phone in english which my grandmother does not know a word of so he could have said anything.According to my grandmother holidays are to rest well i don't think she is being very motviating and supportive of the fact tht I want to get somewhere in life I want to go to university not just university.I am very ambitious but sometimes I lack the motivation or am easily distracted so she isn't helping.I just wish things were different it doesn't make it easier that my step father is a diffferent colour as when I say he is my father people make stupid comments and are very nosy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending