The Student Room Group

Presidential election: who do you side with?

I dunno if there has been a thread on this before but oh well. Much of the debate so far seems to have been a personality contest, so let's look at some policies. It turns out my strong dislike for Clinton may, were I American, be somewhat negated by my opinions on policy...I guess I'd vote for Jill Stein :colonhash:

https://www.isidewith.com/political-quiz

Here are my results:

Trump.png
#FeelTheJohnson

Jokes aside

close.png
[video="youtube;ussCHoQttyQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ussCHoQttyQ[/video]
Tbh they're all not up to much, but definitely not Donald Trump.
I took the test months ago and got almost 100% with bernie sanders.Now it's Jill Stein.
presidential candidates.png
Reply 6
Common trump. Build a wall 'merica deserves and keep the aliens out!!!
Screen Shot 2016-08-02 at 21.45.17.png hmmmmm 31% trump 😂
(edited 7 years ago)
92% Clinton.

I also got 2% Trump... I feel like I should be offended by that.
I Side With US-U.jpg

I can live with that. I have no idea who I'd actually vote for if I was American.
This survey is just plain wrong on various things. For "are you in favour of decriminalizing drug use" for Trump, it says "no", yet he has said that legalising drugs should be studied. He has also said marijuana laws should be decided on a state by state basis. He has also accepted gay marriage and has shown no inclination he wants to change it, yet on this it makes it seem like he thinks it should be illegal again. Also, it says he thinks that government shouldn't be involved in health care, but yet he has said he has his own health care plans, whatever that means.
Who knows how many other things are wrong.
Reply 12
Original post by KingBradly
This survey is just plain wrong on various things. For "are you in favour of decriminalizing drug use" for Trump, it says "no", yet he has said that legalising drugs should be studied. He has also said marijuana laws should be decided on a state by state basis. He has also accepted gay marriage and has shown no inclination he wants to change it, yet on this it makes it seem like he thinks it should be illegal again. Also, it says he thinks that government shouldn't be involved in health care, but yet he has said he has his own health care plans, whatever that means.

Hmm also I think it says that Hillary is in favour of decriminalising some/a small number of drugs (since when..), and it counted my simple answer "yes" as equivalent to that. Similarly it counted my answer of "yes" for legalising marijuana as equivalent to the very different answer "yes, but only for medical purposes".

Granted I mostly selected the general 'yes' or 'no' and didn't answer all of the possible questions (which might explain the high percentages for candidates I would never vote for).

But I do like Gary Johnson, so I'm not surprised he came out on top there.
image.png

There should be a question regarding Hilary and your opinion as to her trustworthiness, then I suspect she wouldn't be top.
Original post by KingBradly

The survey could be wrong?

Or he could just be a ********ter? :smile:

Or a combination of both.
Gary Johnson all the way. Hillary is more of just the same rubbish and an expansion of the state into issues it cannot/should not handle. She's also rubbish at lying and being a criminal. Trump is just a Democrat hiding in a Republican shroud. He's a demagogue who thinks he has the answer to all of America's problems, which he does not.

Quick Reply

Latest