Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Pro Wrestling fan? If so then come and vent here! Come here to share your thoughts on current affairs in pro wrestling.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone been watching WCPW on the watchculture youtube channel. Its pretty amazing, mostly British wrestling, but amazing stuff.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Awesome to see this, guys.

We have a WWE Society - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...46293&page=269

But it's pretty dead these days, and I watch a range of stuff. You all Lucha Underground fans, I take it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vinster2000)
    Anyone been watching WCPW on the watchculture youtube channel. Its pretty amazing, mostly British wrestling, but amazing stuff.
    Hi Vinster2000!

Glad to see someone join! I am a huge WCPW fan, really enjoyed their shows thus far. It is encouraging to see the English wrestling scene gain recognition as they have done so well! I have grown a strong fandom for John Hendry I must say!

Hope you stick around in the chat!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Awesome to see this, guys.

We have a WWE Society - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...46293&page=269

But it's pretty dead these days, and I watch a range of stuff. You all Lucha Underground fans, I take it?
    Hi Mackay!

Glad to see you join us! I am part of the WWE society but not a lot goes on in there, such a shame! Hopefully we can push this forum forward, would love to speak of any pro wrestling. I do watch Lucha Underground, have done for a while now. What wrestling promotion do you watch?

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Greedoshotfirst)
    Hi Mackay!

Glad to see you join us! I am part of the WWE society but not a lot goes on in there, such a shame! Hopefully we can push this forum forward, would love to speak of any pro wrestling. I do watch Lucha Underground, have done for a while now. What wrestling promotion do you watch?

Good stuff, man.

WWE - RAW, SmackDown and NXT weekly - and will tune into 205 when that debuts.

Also a big fan of Lucha Underground and ROH. Try and catch as much British indy stuff as I can, too. Huge fan of Will Ospreay personally. I expect WWE will poach him sooner rather than later.

I used to watch TNA, but gave up in around 2014ish.

ReputationRep:
    Good stuff, man.

WWE - RAW, SmackDown and NXT weekly - and will tune into 205 when that debuts.

Also a big fan of Lucha Underground and ROH. Try and catch as much British indy stuff as I can, too. Huge fan of Will Ospreay personally. I expect WWE will poach him sooner rather than later.

I used to watch TNA, but gave up in around 2014ish.
    Awesome man! Yeah I used to be a big time TNA fan, gave up in late 2013. Have not watched an episode in three years! Lucha Underground is great and I also enjoy ROH, have felt as if it has began to dry out. Will Ospreay is cool, I would assume WWE will take him very soon.

Who are your favorite wrestlers?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Awesome man! Yeah I used to be a big time TNA fan, gave up in late 2013. Have not watched an episode in three years! Lucha Underground is great and I also enjoy ROH, have felt as if it has began to dry out. Will Ospreay is cool, I would assume WWE will take him very soon.

Who are your favorite wrestlers?
    Big fan of Rollins, AJ Styles, Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens from WWE, and a fan of Will Ospreay, Zack Sabre, Ricochet, Adam Cole, The Young Bucks from further afield.

You?

ReputationRep:
    Big fan of Rollins, AJ Styles, Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens from WWE, and a fan of Will Ospreay, Zack Sabre, Ricochet, Adam Cole, The Young Bucks from further afield.

You?
    Great minds think alike!

AJ Styles is my all time favorite professional wrestler. Big on Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens and Dean Ambrose. I like Baron Corbin, I believe he has real potential to be great (Needs a new look though!). I have always been a fan of Kurt Angle as he is probably my inspiration within the wrestling industry, the man is a machine! I have also been very fond of The Undertaker since childhood, even as a fan I have the utmost respect for Mark Callaway.

I like Adam Cole and Young Bucks, I loved Bullet Club prior to Styles, Gallows and Anderson departing NJPW for WWE. Still good but the stable has lost a tonne of steam, should probably disband soon enough. However I think WWE will create some kind of BC re-incarnation with Balor, Anderson, Gallows and possibly Styles.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Great minds think alike!

AJ Styles is my all time favorite professional wrestler. Big on Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens and Dean Ambrose. I like Baron Corbin, I believe he has real potential to be great (Needs a new look though!). I have always been a fan of Kurt Angle as he is probably my inspiration within the wrestling industry, the man is a machine! I have also been very fond of The Undertaker since childhood, even as a fan I have the utmost respect for Mark Callaway.

I like Adam Cole and Young Bucks, I loved Bullet Club prior to Styles, Gallows and Anderson departing NJPW for WWE. Still good but the stable has lost a tonne of steam, should probably disband soon enough. However I think WWE will create some kind of BC re-incarnation with Balor, Anderson, Gallows and possibly Styles.
    Corbin's an interesting one. The company seem big on him, Strowman and Big Cass, and I'd imagine all three will get big singles pushes. Corbin just lacks a feud right now, and Survivor Series could have been great for him, but he's been omitted from the team in favour of Shane O'Mac.

I think Big Cass will be great as a babyface in the mid-card, similar to Big E. Both could do with leaving their respective tag teams, but using Enzo and Xavier Woods as managers and mouth-pieces respectively.

WWE really missed the boat on the Club. They should have transferred to SmackDown with Styles when the Brand Extension/Draft happened. All three could have dominated the blue brand, but Gallows and Anderson have been resorting to being the pushover boys of RAW, and have been bogged down by childish humour and comedy antics.

ReputationRep:
    Corbin's an interesting one. The company seem big on him, Strowman and Big Cass, and I'd imagine all three will get big singles pushes. Corbin just lacks a feud right now, and Survivor Series could have been great for him, but he's been omitted from the team in favour of Shane O'Mac.

I think Big Cass will be great as a babyface in the mid-card, similar to Big E. Both could do with leaving their respective tag teams, but using Enzo and Xavier Woods as managers and mouth-pieces respectively.

WWE really missed the boat on the Club. They should have transferred to SmackDown with Styles when the Brand Extension/Draft happened. All three could have dominated the blue brand, but Gallows and Anderson have been resorting to being the pushover boys of RAW, and have been bogged down by childish humour and comedy antics.
    Totally agree man!

Corbin should face Cena at Royal Rumble and go over, Cena has nothing to lose. Big Cass I feel could have Kevin Nash kind of run, splits from Enzo Amore and goes really far as a singles competitor. Big E is a future World Champion IMO, he needs to be going against the likes of Cena, Cesaro etc. Strowman does not do anything for me right now but I am sure he will come good. Anderson and Gallows are undervalued in the company, they really should be Tag champs. Should have taken them off New Day months ago, they need to be booked to run through the tag division.

Is there any way we could push this forum? Would LOVE to see more wrestling fans come and join! I would also love to get into predictions, previews, reviews and everything else in the forum. Is there a pro wrestling society we could create? Btw I am a rookie on TSR, haha.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.