Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    is it safe to visit israel for a couple of weeks?
    will they not give you any trouble at immigration etc etc?
    just want your views cos i wanna go for my cousins wedding but my dad wont let me.

(Original post by kriztinae)
    just want your views cos i wanna go for my cousins wedding but my dad wont let me.
    Is it secret? Is it safe?

No.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.fco.gov.uk/servlet/Front?...=1013618385504

ReputationRep:
    Israeli immigration is fine providing you have the necessary papers/passport and youre intent is genuine. why should their be a problem?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Where in Isreal is the wedding?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    Israeli immigration is fine providing you have the necessary papers/passport and youre intent is genuine. why should their be a problem?
    they like to do searches etc
    this couple friend of my parents went there for holiday, french people, and they asked each of them questions seperately and question was wher does the husband work, and the lady said bomo and the guy said cypap (he worked at bomocypap)
    so because of that they held them up at the aiport for 4 hrs and it was such a mess up etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    As far as physical danger is concerned, you're much more likely to be killed by an Israeli motorist than a suicide bomber.

ReputationRep:
    Have you got Cypriot or Palestinian nationality...although I am not even sure that would matter too much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Where in Isreal is the wedding?
    Nazareth

ReputationRep:
    Depends what stamps you have in your passport.
    My friend from one of the nicerm parts of Israel says that if you have like Lybian stamps you will be asked questions and if you enter Israel you cannot then enter Lybian type countries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cossack)
    Have you got Cypriot or Palestinian nationality...although I am not even sure that would matter too much?
    theres no such thing as a palestinian passport
    a cypriot one, thats no the problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blood & Honour)
    Depends what stamps you have in your passport.
    My friend from one of the nicerm parts of Israel says that if you have like Lybian stamps you will be asked questions and if you enter Israel you cannot then enter Lybian type countries.
    and if youve been to lebanon, you cant enter israel and vise versa i know that, got no problem there, its just the quesitoning and opening of your bags and inspection. dad doesnt wnt us to get humiliated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weejimmie)
    As far as physical danger is concerned, you're much more likely to be killed by an Israeli motorist than a suicide bomber.
    my family lives there, physical safety isnt the problem

ReputationRep:
    and if youve been to lebanon, you cant enter israel and vise versa i know that, got no problem there, its just the quesitoning and opening of your bags and inspection. dad doesnt wnt us to get humiliated
    Like i say i only know what my friend has said just dont take bombs etc and you should be ok.
    Show your support for the cause as **** off the terroirt palistine, that will please them

ReputationRep:
    Like i say i only know what my friend has said just dont take bombs etc and you should be ok.
    Show your support for the cause as **** off the terroirt palistine, that will please them
    they wont ask questions like that
    Stupi questions like who did u pack the bags with, what are you here for etc. and then they will like search you etc etc.
    i went there in 1999, but i was young, and well there was no intifada then it is much more strict now.

ReputationRep:
    they like to do searches etc
    this couple friend of my parents went there for holiday, french people, and they asked each of them questions seperately and question was wher does the husband work, and the lady said bomo and the guy said cypap (he worked at bomocypap)
    so because of that they held them up at the aiport for 4 hrs and it was such a mess up etc etc.
    you have to answer every question yes or no. the more you say the more they question. dont say anything unless they ask you, its just the way they work.

ReputationRep:
    do not do this!! do not mention anything of the sort.

ReputationRep:
    you have to answer every question yes or no. the more you say the more they question. dont say anything unless they ask you, its just the way they work.
    thats an idea, but i first gotta convince my dad to let me go! he says only my mum can go!
    plus its nto even to telaviv airports, thats really bad. would be going to Haifa

ReputationRep:
    do not do this!! do not mention anything of the sort.
    lol of course not

ReputationRep:
    oh i just realised there is more to the story,
    i have one passport which is only for israel...
    we wanted to go to lebanon nd so we changed passport but left the old one to travel to israel with!
    will that be a problem?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.