Watch
ismail17
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
hey, im doing a exam in biology and chemistry for medicine
i got an exam comin up in a few days and i dont know what to study for
cause i didnt atted classes(for medical reasons)
can you like give me a few topics that i should study
for the exam-ecspecially chemistry-cause i suck at it.
itd be great if you could give me links and like free online medical courses i could check out

thnx
Little Tail Chaser
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ismail17)
X

Find the syllabus of the exact exams you're studying for, and go from there. Nobody on here will be able to give you specific advice since you didn't tell us which level (AS? A2?) or exam board your exams are.

Do some past papers to identify topics that you struggle with. Once you've done that you can find some study tools for chemistry and biology here on TSR.

I'd recommend contacting your teachers about this as well. They will have access to some appropriate resources and if you have a doctor's certificate it may be possible for them to put your health down as a mitigating circumstance (meaning your grade might get bumped up a tiny bit).

Best of luck with your exams!
Freyr
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ismail17)
hey, im doing a exam in biology and chemistry for medicine
i got an exam comin up in a few days and i dont know what to study for
cause i didnt atted classes(for medical reasons)
can you like give me a few topics that i should study
for the exam-ecspecially chemistry-cause i suck at it.
itd be great if you could give me links and like free online medical courses i could check out

thnx
Wait... so you're a medical student? There shouldn't be any pure biology and chemistry exams in medicine... And even if there are, unless its someone from your school, can't help you exactly becuase while every school learns roughly the same things (you can buy text books if thats your thing), there are still variances.

And A level and beyond? so... you're not at uni? Cause if you were, learning objectives should always be given so you would know what you need to learn (even if you didn't go classes, you should be able to view these online from your uni or lecture slides)...

If you meant you're taking A levels, then i'd suggest buying a A level chemistry and biology book, while there are differences between the different exam boards, they're basically the same.

As as a PS. Why are you leaving your revision this late? You've missed all your classes (fair enough if you were ill) but why didn't you contact your teacher/tutor/lecturer and inform them, they would have helped you keep up with the content. Not to sound all doom and gloom, but you've essentially done nothing all year, no idea what you have to learn or do, and you're sitting the exam in a few of days.... This doesn't look good since you've not only got to go through ALL the content, you also have to udnerstand it and memorise it in a very limited time, and you've mentioned you're bad at chemistry.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (9)
12.86%
I need help researching courses (5)
7.14%
I need help with filling out the application form (4)
5.71%
I need help with my personal statement (29)
41.43%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (18)
25.71%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.86%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
4.29%

Watched Threads