Switzerland Watch

liss31d
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I've found out hat we're going to Zurich and Lucerne in Switzerland this August (mainly Lucerne) and I was wondering if any of you had been there before and kind of things you can do there.
The Orientalist
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
A shame you're not going to Geneva...
WokSz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I've been there - hell, I'm originally from Grueningen. They're both beautiful Cantons but beware of the Rosti!!!!

On a more serious note, both are excellent places to visit. There's a lot of things to do in terms of sight-seeing and outdoor activity. However, the nightlife in Lucern is pretty poor. Even though it's one of the more richer Cantons, it's a fairly residential area. Zurich is probably the best place to go out if you're looking for nightlife.

However, if you really want to experience the Swiss life, then you will need to visit 'Les Grisons.' It's very traditional, and even though it's one of the poorer Cantons, it's beautiful.
emit.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
In Lucern, do the Mount Pilatus Golden trail. It's a half day thing worth doing. It's a gorgeous town aswell.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever experienced bullying?

Yes (325)
77.2%
No (96)
22.8%

Watched Threads