Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to revise the correct content efficiently for all subjects? watch

How to revise the correct content efficiently for all subjects?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackT2000)
    Hi jack
    I would advice using the specification (which can be found online) for each of your subjects as they give you all of the content that you will need to know for the exams.
    I would also highly recommend buying CGP books as they are an excellent condensed source of revision notes and key information

(Original post by umar39)
    Hi jack
    I would advice using the specification (which can be found online) for each of your subjects as they give you all of the content that you will need to know for the exams.
    I would also highly recommend buying CGP books as they are an excellent condensed source of revision notes and key information
    Ok thanks Umar.

How can I revise the content from the specification?

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks Umar.

How can I revise the content from the specification?
    The specification should not be the sole source of your revision. It should be used as a guideline rather than a revision source. Again, CGP books are a good way to source out key and extra information for your exams.

In terms of revision there are a wide variety of techniques. Examples include:
    • using index cards (flash/revision cards)
    • Pomodoro technique (search it, it's a very interesting method of revision)
    • Using colours and highlighters to associate colours with themes and key words
    There are so many ways to revise. I would strongly advice you to search revision methods online as I'm sure you will find hundreds of resources. If you want any advice for a specific topic (if you are a GCSE student or below) just PM me. I'll be glad to help.

(Original post by umar39)
    The specification should not be the sole source of your revision. It should be used as a guideline rather than a revision source. Again, CGP books are a good way to source out key and extra information for your exams.

In terms of revision there are a wide variety of techniques. Examples include:
    • using index cards (flash/revision cards)
    • Pomodoro technique (search it, it's a very interesting method of revision)
    • Using colours and highlighters to associate colours with themes and key words
    There are so many ways to revise. I would strongly advice you to search revision methods online as I'm sure you will find hundreds of resources. If you want any advice for a specific topic (if you are a GCSE student or below) just PM me. I'll be glad to help.
    Ok so what can I do physically to revise each topic??

How would I lay this out?

ReputationRep:
    Ok so what can I do physically to revise each topic??

How would I lay this out?
    Notes
    Title (Subject an Unit eg Biology, B1)
    Subtitle (Osmosis)
    text
    text
    text
    graph/table
    text

keywords (partially permeable membrane/ water transportation)

summary (osmosis is similar to....)

You can also revise by completing past papers.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Honestly, at this point if you haven't even found a way to revise you really should search for one rather than just posting on a student forum)

ReputationRep:
    Man just get a revision guide for each subject memorise the whole book and do past papers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fnt1klo)
    Man just get a revision guide for each subject memorise the whole book and do past papers.
    easier said than done.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ?Hannah)
    easier said than done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Maybe for you.I am comfortable with it.I don't get why people make notes flash cards when you have revision guide you just need to memorise it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fnt1klo)
    Maybe for you.I am comfortable with it.I don't get why people make notes flash cards when you have revision guide you just need to memorise it.
    True but its not as if the revision guide has all relevant information. Also revising from your own notes which you have put into YOUR own wording is sometimes better in terms of memorising and remembering.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Check the specification for all subjects before getting started and ensure you have revision guides (CGP, Collins etc).

1) Make notes that are consise by using your resources. For Maths, you'll have to do a lot of practise on questions.

2) Test your knowledge with past papers/specimen papers. You could also do exam sryle Qs from revision books.

3) Gap Analysis - Going through weaker topics and relearning the content.

If you have any inquires please don't hesitate to PM me, I'll be happy to help.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.