Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Good day my name is mikal boisson and I want to know if I can apply for a student loan if I am a Trinidadian national but have been accepted by a school in England?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mikal28)
    Hi Good day my name is mikal boisson and I want to know if I can apply for a student loan if I am a Trinidadian national but have been accepted by a school in England?
    Sorry. But you won't be eligible for a loan from student finance. There are private loan companies providing loans for students but many of them aren't worth the extra cost and hassle. You'll probably have to fund it yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't know. You should have a look on the student finance website or phone them and ask.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So there is no possible way to obtain a loan unless i am a Uk citizen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mikal28)
    So there is no possible way to obtain a loan unless i am a Uk citizen
    Your eligibility is actually related to how many years you have been resident in the UK and is nothing to do with your citizenship.

If you are currently living outside the EU, you need to have been resident in the UK for three full years before the start of your university course, in order to be assessed for Student Finance. You must have come to the UK for purposes other than education. This applies to British citizens who live outside the EU as well.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.