Turn on thread page Beta

i attract guys that i'm not into watch

Announcements

so this is kinda weird but i seem to only attract guys that are 'emo' or look that way. in that i mean that they have tattoos/piercings and dress in black and band tshirts that kind of 'type'. for some reason i attract these guys a lot. i used to be kinda 'emo' but i've completely out grown that (i'm 19 now) and find it kind of silly now. i still have a slight 'look' about me as in i wear winged eyeliner, have quite dark hair and have a stretcher. but personality wise i'm nothing like i was when i was 15 couldn't be less 'emo' if i tried. is it bad that i'm turning these guys down because of the way they look and dress? i'm sure they're lovely people but i feel like being 19 and still being like that is kinda silly and childish?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    so this is kinda weird but i seem to only attract guys that are 'emo' or look that way. in that i mean that they have tattoos/piercings and dress in black and band tshirts that kind of 'type'. for some reason i attract these guys a lot. i used to be kinda 'emo' but i've completely out grown that (i'm 19 now) and find it kind of silly now. i still have a slight 'look' about me as in i wear winged eyeliner, have quite dark hair and have a stretcher. but personality wise i'm nothing like i was when i was 15 couldn't be less 'emo' if i tried. is it bad that i'm turning these guys down because of the way they look and dress? i'm sure they're lovely people but i feel like being 19 and still being like that is kinda silly and childish?
    Pros: You attract guys
    Cons: They're vampires and want to suck your blood

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshall Taylor)
    Pros: You attract guys
    Cons: They're vampires and want to suck your blood
    Nah, she might be into that, these vampires suck joy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    Nah, she might be into that, these vampires suck joy.
    Personal experience or horror films?

ReputationRep:
    I guess you should just not pay attention or just tell them nicely that you aren't interested in them or something? Idk. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshall Taylor)
    Personal experience or horror films?
    Kind of personal experience... mixed with common knowledge and second hand stories.

ReputationRep:
    If you dont want to attract emo guys, stop dressing like an emo fullstop.

Apparently this generation does not seem to understand cause and effect any more :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I think it's probably because you're not trying as hard with these guys, so without realising it you're acting more like yourself. As you said you don't think the whole emo look is cool anymore so you don't feel the need to impress these guys or have this 'emo image'. The aspects of the look you have kept eg winged lined black hair are the sorta things they may like in a girl (?) idk

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.