Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can anyone who knows about the NHS STP answer these questions please :) Watch

ReputationRep:
    From the month after i started my degree in my first year, i knew i wanted to do the STP. its something i really want to do but i feel there are things stopping me.

First of all my degree is with the Open University. i am studying health sciences. i feel that other people who are studying degrees such as bio med or in relevant areas from actual universities have a better chance than me at getting in,

Also, i am currently in Saudi Arabia although i am british and have been in the UK all my life. i moved there around the time i started my first year of degree (a year ago) and i know that you need relevant work experience when applying for the STP and i feel that i can hardly get any from there apart from volunteering with the local school nurse (i live on a british school compound)

Can anyone who has applied or studied the STP give me any advice on how i can make my application better, thanks

also another question i have is when do i actually apply for it, once i have finished my degree or whilst in my third year.

ReputationRep:
    Which speciality are you thinking of applying for? I have not applied for the STP- I applied for the PTP, but I would say getting experience in the relevant department is a massive help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H011aaa)
    Which speciality are you thinking of applying for? I have not applied for the STP- I applied for the PTP, but I would say getting experience in the relevant department is a massive help.
    maybe in genetics, blood sciences or cellular sciences

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.