Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well, hopefully I won't have to bother about this, but as I'm going to be on holiday come results day I'd like to know the procedure for the summer pool. My offer is AAA (at advanced higher) and 1,1 (in STEP I,II). The advanced highers come through the week before I go but they should be fine anyway. I reckon at worst I've got a 1,2 in STEP, but I won't actually be in the country to find out what I got for that (I've emailed the school I sat STEP at to see if there's any way I could get the results over phone, or for my parents to get them for me).

But anyway, suppose I don't get 1,1. Then either my college will give me an offer, or I'll get put in the summer pool (which will probably happen, as you only need 2,3 for summer pool consideration in my course according to the summer pool 2006 document), or I get rejected. Is there anything required on my part to ensure that I'm put forward for summer pool consideration? (i.e., do I need to phone anyone? Also, could it be an issue that I may not know my actual STEP grades?) And what will my status on UCAS be? (I'll be able to find an internet cafe, so I'll be checking UCAS on the morning of the 16th, and if I'm not phoning anyone then I'll be relying on this for information). Finally, should I end up in it, when would I find out whether I was succesful in the summer pool?

Thanks for any help.

ReputationRep:
    First of all, IIRC, you'll get a letter from UCAS shortly after results day, regardless of whether or not you made the offer, to which you need to reply promptly, I think. But then I again I think you can reply from Track as well, so if you have internet access, that won't be a problem. Then again, I'm just recalling from memory what I might or might not have read somewhere, so take it with a pinch of salt.

Also, this thread might be of help.

ReputationRep:
    From what I've heard, there isn't anything that you can do, except to phone them up and ask whats going on. nothing will significantly change your application. I will be leaving the country on the 16th, so I'm going in early to try and sort out whats happening. I'll be checking track before I go, and if it says unsuccessful or onditional I may just scream

As for the form, I think the deadline is 3 weeks or something, but I am by no means sure.

ReputationRep:
    Do they take into consideration the grade we got at interview if we miss our STEP offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ttommy88)
    Do they take into consideration the grade we got at interview if we miss our STEP offer?
    I think that another college can request information such as interview performance or test performance at interview if they feel it is relevant. I can't see why they wouldn't be allowed to, but equally I can't see a definite reason why they should(n't) want to use such information! It's up to them how they decide who to admit I guess mmm.

ReputationRep:
    I could well be in the pool, since I reckon my STEP grades are 1,2 (1 in STEP III) - same college and offer as you Ad Absurdum - but I'm hoping they might let me in anyway.

I don't believe it's necessary to do anything in order to be put in the pool. I think my dad (who is basically the organisational brains behind the whole thing, I don't have a clue what's going on) said it happens on the day the results come out (for us, not for them). The one thing I know, which is good for me, is that they specifically advise that state school students do considerably worse at STEP than comparable private school students, so they will be more lenient (and rightly so) on state school pupils who fail STEP offers.

ReputationRep:
    I cannot wait until result day.Really.

ReputationRep:
    I really really hope that my results are at the top of the pile. Otherwise I probably won't get them until I get back from Canada.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumbaniya)
    I could well be in the pool, since I reckon my STEP grades are 1,2 (1 in STEP III) - same college and offer as you Ad Absurdum - but I'm hoping they might let me in anyway.

I don't believe it's necessary to do anything in order to be put in the pool. I think my dad (who is basically the organisational brains behind the whole thing, I don't have a clue what's going on) said it happens on the day the results come out (for us, not for them). The one thing I know, which is good for me, is that they specifically advise that state school students do considerably worse at STEP than comparable private school students, so they will be more lenient (and rightly so) on state school pupils who fail STEP offers.

Hope you get in, preferably to Emmanuel.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.